Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sensor Stress

str8 6

does anybody else have an idea or clue as to what other reasons that iat[intake air temprature sensor] would show up when plugged in apart from it being needed to be replaced?

if it has been unplugged at some point when the ignition has been on and then plugged back in......it still registers the fault..

• 2 weeks later...

hi ormi, i think my crank sensor is playing up. where could i get one from? 1st problem was un noticed leak in rad, over headted., got new coils, ran ok, slightly down on power. removed water pump but that was fine, dropped a bolt between crank pulley and block. fiddled around to remove it. people say i`ve " disturbed the crank sensor. because now she wont start, fires on 2,3,4,5 plugs when removed, but 1 and 6 only spark once. it will not run though. any ideas? many thanks

gary

took it out, it had iron filings magnitzed to it, wiped them off. put back in, still wont start. plugs spark all over the show. may get a new sensor tomorrow. based on what origionally happend to it, does it sound like the cam sensor is the promlemo? thanks.

gary. gazr24@hotmail.com