Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For 2012, Lexus has fitted wider 8.5J front wheels & 245 wide tyres which is said to benefit track performance in particular----I did say my ride was almost too good for a super saloon albeit with tyres inflated to 37psig!

Tel

For 2012, Lexus has fitted wider 8.5J front wheels & 245 wide tyres which is said to benefit track performance in particular----I did say my ride was almost too good for a super saloon albeit with tyres inflated to 37psig!

Tel

Took Lexus a while to catch up :lol: I had 19" x 8.5" rims on the front and 19" x 9.5" rear rims on my IS250 back in 2006.

• 3 weeks later...

1650 Mile Report----

Just returned from France,a round trip of 1400 miles.

Overall mpg 28 @ an average speed of 70mph.

In the UK,the average speed was 66,the consumption from Folkestone to Derby was 30.6 mpg.

In France, the average speed was 78,the maximum was a short blast @ 120mph,& the average consumption was 27.8.

The Shuttle space was tight due to the raised bonnet impairing judjment slightly.

Poorboys worked perfectly.

Nil oil consumption and no Road Rash which was a real bonus as all my previous bib spoilers were marked.

DAB remains excellent in the UK-----no such service in France.

IMHO a superb car.

Tel

• 4 weeks later...

2200 Mile Report-----

a)mpg averaging 28

b)the Digital Speedo is really easy to use.

c)In weak DAB signal areas e.g.Lincolnshire Wolds,rapid acceleration garbles signal.

d)Poorboys continues to excel.

e)Friends continue to be amazed @ the application of the performance,all saying the overall experience is so smooth.

f)Mates Cooper S is less economical.

Tel

• 2 months later...

3000 Mile Report.

MPG----c.5 Miles urban 23.5,30 Miles 25.0,50 Miles plus on Motorways 29.0.

Water Temp.from cold is rapid,oil temp rise to normal is much longer.

Use performance more than expected when overtaking ,motorway slip- roads/lane changing.

Not exceeded 4500rpm.

Rear Passengers on long trip were very complimentary about the ride/cabin.

Car continues to attract "attention"---plumber @ Filling Station drooled over the car,asked more ?'s than JD Power even when he returned to his van & then put petrol in his Diesel----the air was blue!

4 guys in a BMW 335i stayed around me on the M1 & continued as "we" exited onto dual carriage-way.I kept to the limit some 100 meters behind in the fast lane,their exit lane slowed &, with all 4 seemingly checking the ISF, rode over the verge @ the top of the slip-road---stupid!

Porsche drivers seem to be intimidated by the car.

Not seen another IS with DRL's.

Tel

• 1 month later...

3500 Mile Report.

Mpg < 10miles c.22.5,c.20miles = 24.5 & c.100 motorway miles @ high speed 28.5 all based on actual consumption as I regularly do these specific journeys.

Coolant warm-up from sub-zero temperatures is rapid.

Poorboys excels.

No brake-dust whatsoever on the lower front bodywork & no roadrash.

Tyre pressures now raised to 38 psig.as I do use the performance more but have never exceeded c. 4500 rpm as I have

never used the "tiptronic" for a journey as,in Auto, the car accelerates like a scalded cat!

Tel

• 2 months later...

4000 Mile Report.

Winter mpg----24 mile return journey----23.5.

Had a very intermittent driver's footwell area chatter that was resolved by the superb Derby Team-----the Fuse Box was the culprit & the rectification was carried out @ my home as my road turned-out to be the only surface that could excite the niggle!

Just used Macguires Ultimate Polish & are chuffed to report all is Mint----nil road-rash & easy to clean wheels thanks to this Forum's advice----the paint formula must have changed as I have reluctantly driven on many a gritted road & one 3 mile snow-run that impressed me but there was no other vehicle in site & the 5mm of snow was fresh!!!!!!

Bridgestones set @ 37.5 & ,in Winter Testing--see above--running pressure rises surprisingly quickly to 41psig @ max 40 mph.

TEl

• 5 months later...

5000 Mile Report

Other drivers reaction to the car are amazing----many fast cars close right up then back-off a few feet whilst the odd Boy Racer in his ST/VXR has to pass no matter what.

If the car is parked on the drive passing vehicles often slow down & 3 Delivery Drivers have stopped to drool.

Jamie,Louise & Graham of Lexus Derby continue to excel & my supply Dealer in the West Midlands offered to collect my car for its for the first service.

Maguires new Super-wax , the DRLs & clean wheels lift the Slate to new heights.

Remains treacle smooth.

Tel

I never seem to have any challengers, although the reaction from those in the know is great. The day I picked mine up from Cardiff, I had two lads in a 116i come howling past me on the M4, only to slow up in front, wind down there windows and wave me past...obviously I obliged. :D

I never seem to have any challengers, although the reaction from those in the know is great. The day I picked mine up from Cardiff, I had two lads in a 116i come howling past me on the M4, only to slow up in front, wind down there windows and wave me past...obviously I obliged. :D

Thats the disadvantage of having an obviously fast car! no one challenges you on the road which makes it no fun .. if only Lexus hide those four exhaust boxes showing at the back then many will think its just an IS even though they did a good job with the design to make it look simple. but saying that, challengers driving in front wont know its an ISF but those coming from behind you flex thier muscles, drive up close waiting for you to get out of the way, see those four exhausts and that alone kills thier ego which gives no chance for a fun safe race against them...so that limits you to only track days!!

• 4 months later...

6400 Mile Winter Report----

10 mile urban mpg has risen to 24.5 which is excellent.

East Coast DAB coverage is now good.

HD Nav option seems to give more split-screen junctions.

Now know how to operate Normal Cruise Control in dense traffic.

Beautifully Built-----nothing else comes close!

Tel

• 3 weeks later...

6400 Mile Report Xtra

HD Nav has different intersection commands & route display & does highlight all mini roundabouts now.

Seat Heaters are for the complete seat.

Brake Wear is 12.5% & Tyre wear is < 1.00mm

Local ASDA Store no longer interferes with DAB signal after Station Retune to another Group of Signals.

Tel

• 4 months later...

8000 Mile Report,Year 2

Now use Branded Petrol which smooths the engine.

Brake wear is 15% with tyre wear 10% across the main footprint & 15% on all 4 corners.

Halfords now supply a spare bulb kit for the ISF for my Continental Trips later this year.

Taken out a 5 Year Service Plan that saves 15% on normal prices & includes a further 10% discount on Parts,is transferable & all monies accrued between Services fully refundable.

Lexus Derby continue to excel & speedily resolved my heartache when I clipped a concrete plinth with my O/S/R wheel (£50) & my bike dented a door when the bikes deflated tyre caused the bike to lean overnight in its stand & then fall into the car!!!!(£65)

Fuji White interior Mint helped by Maguires ofcourse.

Fantastic & so, so smooth with quite remarkable fuel efficiency.

Tel

• 1 month later...