Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Audio Problem

Hi all, we've owned a 95 gs300 for about 15 years and had hardly any issues with it until now. The radio/cd player has lost it's sound.

The radio/cd player turns on and does all the bits on the facia but there is no sound. If it's turned up to maximum volume then it can be heard faintly.

i have the feeling that the amp is gone but wanted to ask if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions? thanks.

having had another look at the details, I think "Radio No.1" fuse is the Amp perm 12v fuse (and I think it is in the engine compartment fuse box). The "CIG" fuse in the footwell covers various things in the car including the switched 12v for the headunit and amp. The "DOME" fuse in the footwell, covers many things also including the perm 12v for the head unit. The "PANEL" fuse covers a multitude of things including the stereo illumination.

well I'm struggling! I had a look at the fuses in the engine bay and all looked ok but could not see any that were marked amp or radio or stereo.

I had a look in the footwell too and nothing there was marked either. What/where is the dome fuse? There were 2 small unusual fuses in the footwell that I was unsure how to remove, one pink and one blue/green 40amp from memory..

I have taken out the multichanger and amp and have been quoted some horrific prices for repair/replacement. I'm in the Hampton Court area in surrey, is there anyone nearby that would let me plug mine into their car or vice versa to see if it is at fault or not? It's any easy 10 minute exercise, Anyone please....?

Problem solved!

The inline mute switch for the telephone was faulty, now it's been bypassed all working again!

Thanks for you time in helping tigerfish.