Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Made a pigs ear of this post as I'm not sure best way to insert images...sorry. Anyway the question is....I think some nice anthracite or black wheels would look rather cool on my arctic pearl LS, as the original wheels are a bit ordinary. But am always wary of moving away from original stuff for all the usual reasons ....has anyone else changed wheels on their LS460? Not sure if the tyre pressure sensors are an issue....?

Use the %7Boption%7D file, and the picture should show up in the post. I have no idea about the TPG sensors, but those wheels look very good. Do you have a picture of the whole car? A bit of time with a picture editor, and you could see for yourself how they look. :)

Brian :)

Not being patronising here but make sure the wheels you buy will fit the LS460 as they have changed the PCD from 114 to I think 120 so the wheels from all the other LS models will not fit on the LS460.

Didn't want you buy some nice wheels have the tyres fitted and THEN find they won't fit.

Some people have reservations on the more open wheels on the LS prefering the closed face alloys but at the end of the day it comes down to personal choice I have open spokes on mine for several reasons, they were new, fairly cheap, the correct size and width for my existing tyres, a darker silver colour to match the paint and they look OK.

DSCF0043.jpg

Thanks for comments / info guys. Regarding size the OE wheels are 19" and as my tyres are fairly new I don't want to change size. I think the TP sensors may be an issue but am awaiting response from 2 wheel suppliers.

Thanks for comments / info guys. Regarding size the OE wheels are 19" and as my tyres are fairly new I don't want to change size. I think the TP sensors may be an issue but am awaiting response from 2 wheel suppliers.

Just interested to know are the wheels you have at the moment still the original set from new or have they been replaced at any time under Lexus warranty? The reason I ask is Lexus alloy wheels have a known corrosion issue and if yours are original after 6 years with no corrosion, have they finally sorted the problem?

Yes I assume they're the original wheels and not corroded, but who knows how many times they've been refurbished by successive dealers......my beloved girlfriend scraped one recently and it def looks like it's been repainted at some point by the layers of paint revealed....

Of course if I want black or anthracite colour wheels it may be cheaper/easier just to have these original ones repainted....maybe as a last resort!