Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Woes!

Steve

Has anyone had their sat nav take them on a merry go round and take you miles off course? or is your sat nav unit reliable? if it is reliable which Sat Nav unit do you have ? Aftermarket or factory fitted?

I have the factory fit one in my rx. Not used it too much yet as mainly been pootling around town to places i know. When I have needed it its been good and very useful, apart from the other day when it didn't know a road and it wasn't a knew one. The nanny feature is a pain but once I'm commuting by car again ill get the updated disk which fixes this.

<p>Has anyone had their sat nav take them on a merry go round and take you miles off course? or is your sat nav unit reliable? if it is reliable which Sat Nav unit do you have ? Aftermarket or factory fitted?</p>

Never in six years has it failed to get me where I need to go or let me down by taking me via Iraq or something daft. That includes it performing flawlessly after disembarking the Eurostar and driving in Frenchland. The other end took about 8 - 10 seconds to get a fix once I got off the train. I actually thought there was a problem as it has never taken any time to get a fix previously but then it was switched off in blighty and then powered up across a country border so can't complain really.

Oh... btw... factory fitted unit.

i have a after market one and it drives me nuts... sends me the long way round certain trips. Thats a Garmin one.. have not tried a tomtom one yet, so not sure if they are any better