Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Diy Induction Kit (Pic Heavy!)

As you can see from my picture Lewis mine just has a filter on it. The pipe is a breather/vent pipe and as long as its not blocked you will see no ill affects. Mine has been the way it is for about 12 months now. It should be attached to the intake system just to actually "pull" the vapour out of the block. Like i said mine has never showed any ill effects and as its the highest point on the engine no oil comes out anyway. I,m not saying its correct (just before the purist jump on me ) but its not wrong either. The pipe is ment to allow the engine to breathe as long as its not blocked you wont have any ill effects.

Thanks Phil, that all makes sense now. :)

Im going to have a look tomorrow on how hard it will be to route it back to the induction if not then I'll be ordering a filter ASAP.

Thanks so much for your reply mate, I can hopefully finish it tommorw and get some pics up.

Cheers Phil.

Lewis

Hi everyone,

I finished my induction kit last night :) all sounds sweet as a nut, i ended up routing the oil breather pipe back into the induction kit and im very happy with the result. will post up some pics later and show how i done it, maby a little vid aswell :)

Thanks to eveyone who helped, i could not of done it without this wicked post and everyones advice.

LOC RULES.

Lewis.

I've pretty much done the exact same to mines, although wrapped the pipe over the rocker in heat wrap.

How have you managed to attach the oil breather to the intake pipe ? i was thinking of just drilling a hole to the size of the outer diameter and bonding it in place.

I've pretty much done the exact same to mines, although wrapped the pipe over the rocker in heat wrap.

How have you managed to attach the oil breather to the intake pipe ? i was thinking of just drilling a hole to the size of the outer diameter and bonding it in place.

Yeh I was thinking about doing it that way but then I thought there must be a better way, so I bought the 15mm nossel that you can see in the pic wich has a lip at the bottom, I got it from the range for a £1 and drilled a hole just big enough to fit it through so the lip would catch the inside of the pipe, then put it in through from the inside of the pipe, then held it while I hot glued it from the outside as a temp fixing for the mo, I will get it welded later but for the mo it will do. Job done :)

Hope that helps.

Lewis

What did u use to wrap the pipe and how much did it cost ya mate? was thinking of doing this myself.

Thanks.

Lewis

could someone put the costs for this setup up?

I'm looking at it and it looks and sounds ace! would even be better if you can get that stupid catalyst out of the exhaust header ;) but than you'll need to have it welded up again ... ( somehow you can't just hit it out, maybe a good thing :D )

could someone put the costs for this setup up?

I'm looking at it and it looks and sounds ace! would even be better if you can get that stupid catalyst out of the exhaust header ;) but than you'll need to have it welded up again ... ( somehow you can't just hit it out, maybe a good thing :D )

North,

It cost me about £140 for everything. Like said in the post the filter is the hardest thing to get cheep otherwise the rest is all of eBay.

Hope that helps.

Lewis.

right I'm going to source the parts this is a must since the OEM engine sound isn't al that mostly when driving around can hear the gear changes and every now and then when I put my foot down you hear some engine sounds but not to loud....

I dont really know a lot about the conversion from the OEM intake to one like has been fitted in this thread but what is the actual benefit fo fitting one of these - i have seen K&N intakes etc and always sat on the fence not knowing should i go for a swap out of the OEM to a kit or like on this thread make my own .

Does anyone know the benefit of doing so - thanks

I dont really know a lot about the conversion from the OEM intake to one like has been fitted in this thread but what is the actual benefit fo fitting one of these - i have seen K&N intakes etc and always sat on the fence not knowing should i go for a swap out of the OEM to a kit or like on this thread make my own .

Does anyone know the benefit of doing so - thanks

No real performance gain because the OEM one is so well designed, its just more for sound and looks :)