Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Aftermarket Sereo To My 2001 Is200 Sport

Most subwoofers or auxillary amplifiers utilize the remote lead so that they switch on automatically when the head unit comes on. You can still splice into the remote lead from your head unit and use it switch your subwoofer on as well as activating the relay for your handbrake bypass.

• 3 weeks later...

have fitted my sub and amp now but have 1 problem; when i turn the volume up the sub rattles within the box. I have put pressure on the outer bit of the sub to check if its not screwed in tight enough and that made no difference. I have had to turn the input sensitivity all the way down on the amp and i dont feel like the bass is as deep as it could be. Any ideas?

• 10 months later...

When taking the stock unit off you are breaking the circuit between clock, c-lighter n sat-nav if u got one which will mean they r running on 12v constant n not ign. In that case u will have to take ur stock unit apart and connect the circuit board leaving it in the glove box connected to the original iso cable in order to have the circuit running. My Battery was flat overnight lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread just want to confirm I'm ordering the correct bypass cable as the site I'm looking on has 2 on it. I have a 2001 IS200 sport picked it up last week n couldn't be happier with it apart from the stock HU. http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/lexus-is200-20012004-car-stereo-fitting-kit-fascia-panel-active-system-adaptor-p-24949.html#.UYx-_WS9Kc2

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I've had some trouble getting the right bypass cable.

Is it the ct51-lx01 that I need? It's a bit confusing as it doesn't look like the cable pictured earlier in this thread.

My car is a 2003 IS200 Sport.

This one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT51-LX01-Amplifier-By-Pass-ISO-Stereo-Harness-Lead-For-Lexus-IS200-/350364310545?hash=item5193571c11:g:nPUAAOSwLF1X4qyd

• 1 year later...

So I’ve installed my double din, but now the cigarette lighter slot doesn’t work?? What could I of done? I haven’t spliced wires for the illumination at the moment, and there was one plug hat I disconnected and plugged in a blue wire? I think. Sorry for what may seem a stupid question.