Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jumped forums as just bought a GS300 as a replacement for my LS400/Celsior until it is repaired.

One thing that has a fault is the radio display and I can't find any up to date information on repair.has there been any progress since 2005 on a replacement LCD ( the LS400 climate control LCDs are quite cheap now).

Anyway here's the car,will have fresh MOT and 6 months tax before collection and pretty solid with just a good wash and polish for the outside and a good valet inside.

Bonus is it has a Brinks detachable towbar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200633039092&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1260wt_1141

I didn't notice when I went to look at it but I see what you mean the fronts come across as grey but the rears look almost black.

I opened all the doors at that as well and pulled down the centre armrest in the rear ( it has a cup holder in there where the LS doesn't) but still never noticed any difference,could be a camera trick but will have another look before parting with the money and thankyou for being eagled eyed and spotting it.

What are the standard wheels on these, it has 17"s with 235/45/17s?

I didn't notice when I went to look at it but I see what you mean the fronts come across as grey but the rears look almost black.

I opened all the doors at that as well and pulled down the centre armrest in the rear ( it has a cup holder in there where the LS doesn't) but still never noticed any difference,could be a camera trick but will have another look before parting with the money and thankyou for being eagled eyed and spotting it.

What are the standard wheels on these, it has 17"s with 235/45/17s?

Hi

I have the same car and it has the same size wheels. It looked a bargain.

Definately a nice price B) The interior just looks like a mistake by the seller with the pictures they've used. It would've stood out like a turd on a bowling green if the back seats were black when you saw the car.

Thanks for the welcome Kevin but have I come over to the dark side? :lol:

Pick up is arranged for Friday, nice seller offered to drive it up to me for the price of the single train fare back to Birmingham but this will probably be the longest distance I get to drive it so not missing out on that :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome Kevin but have I come over to the dark side? :lol:

Pick up is arranged for Friday, nice seller offered to drive it up to me for the price of the single train fare back to Birmingham but this will probably be the longest distance I get to drive it so not missing out on that :D

How has it been so far?

Everything seems OK , still haven't found a solution to the radio display problem though. I have noticed at tick over a funny noise, difficult to describe it sounds like a light scraping sound that comes every 10 seconds and lasts for around 5 seconds then the cycle continues.Also seems a little tappetty when pulling away from a stop until the revs rise. I replaced the serpentine belt as it was fairly cracked but it made no difference to the noise. It doesn't affect driveability and you can only hear it a tick over which seems to vary between 400-700 RPM. Perhaps in need of a good service with a TB clean.

It can't be too bad as it out accelerated a brand new Mercedes 250D from a standing start in sports mode the other day as it redlined through the gears ( not my usual driving style I might add just had the Merc 6 foot from my rear bumper on a dual carriageway and got the chance to p him off!)

I'm not planning on keeping it too long once the LS is fixed ( went in on Saturday) and the guy who is doing the repair is interested in the GS "at the right money" I am hoping to get back what I paid for it (1500.00 + 50.00 (fresh MOT) + 118.00 Road Tax) they seem to be fetching 2-2.5k and I have valeted it nicely since purchase ( it was covered in white paint specks!) so it looks a lot better than when I bought it although there are a lot of stone chips particularly on the drivers side of the bonnet for some strange reason.

Certainly drives well it seems to accelerate faster than the LS and I like the 5 speed transmission as opposed to the LSs 4 speed.

I would like to clean up the engine bay but worried about steam cleaning or gunk and a hose pipe any safe suggestions?