Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discs And Pads What Are People Recommending?

Hi everyone,

I just wondered what everyone is currently recommending for discs and pads at the moment, I'm not talking performance parts just original equipment equivalents. Last time I canvassed opinion it became apparent that most regarded Standard Mintex discs and pads as a good replacement. What are we all thinking now?

I have to say I bought some Mintex discs online last time, yet sadly I don't have a real opinion of them because they warped rather quickly. You might think that is a bad reflection on the disc but the problem was caused by ill-fitting of the discs and some pads. Never used that garage again I can tell you. Anyway they were quickly replaced with some of the shelf parts that a mechanic had on the shelf, I think they were Opec branded. I just wanted the car back on the road at that point and didn't pay as much attention as I should.

Anyway I'm more than happy to try Mintex again if the canvassed opinion on here is that they are still good parts.

Kind Regards

Mark

I found the Mintex pads far to dusty on my GS, so much so that I am ditching them this weekend and putting redstuff pads on to see how they are.

Think you'll find Redstuff even dustier still. I'm running those on my other car and the wheels get filthy after a week or so.

I found the Mintex pads far to dusty on my GS, so much so that I am ditching them this weekend and putting redstuff pads on to see how they are.

Think you'll find Redstuff even dustier still. I'm running those on my other car and the wheels get filthy after a week or so.

Darn it. I went for them because they claim to be lower dust than standard (the Mintex ones are much worse than standard I've found) :(

I had the same dilema recently..and decided that it was worth going back to the Lexus dealer after all.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/lexuscare/service-your-lexus/fixed-price-promise.aspx

£250 for discs and pads on the front. Had a nice coffee and full valet and a health check whilst I was there for free.

More expensive than most other options, but only by £20/£30 , but worth it for genuine parts and decent service.

Ended up going back and having 2 new tyres too, apparently canvas showing IS a problem on front tyres...and the Lexus dealer was cheaper than anything local or online!

Can't complain at that!

CB