Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed With Pollen Filter

The-Acre

Finally got around to buying a pollen filter but because the old one was missing I can't for the life of me work out how it goes, especially as it's in two pieces and the two pieces are identical, any ideas? Steve with the slightly bent Celsior will know!!

I was hoping to include a photo but for some reason I can't work out how to do that either this time. How do you add an attachment?

Cheers

Phil

Hello, This is Steve with the slightly bent Celsior calling.

Mine has 2 filters in the same housing but although they are both hinged they are not in 2 pieces, do you mean you have 2 filters or are the 2 pieces you have different?

Still haven't got mine back from the body shop as the "Claims Handling" company are absolutely useless in all aspects or I would have gone out and had a look at mine and took some pictures.

Hello, This is Steve with the slightly bent Celsior calling.

Mine has 2 filters in the same housing but although they are both hinged they are not in 2 pieces, do you mean you have 2 filters or are the 2 pieces you have different?

Still haven't got mine back from the body shop as the "Claims Handling" company are absolutely useless in all aspects or I would have gone out and had a look at mine and took some pictures.

Hi Steve with TSBC. There are two pieces but both the same, although both pieces are constructed with a thin and a thick paper filter.

How do I add a photo? I've done it before but there doesn't seem to be an attachment icon. There is of course the possibility I've got the wrong one but I gave them the reg number.

Put the photo on photobucket.com then copy and paste the link below the photo,I'll pm my eamil so you can attach it to there if you want.

Cheers Steve,

I'll email if that's OK. If I try something like photobucket it's bound to go wrong!

Phil

• 1 year later...

I'm a bit confused. A few days ago I checked my 'cabin filter' which I promptly found behind the glove compartment. As expected, it was full of insects and other debris. I cleaned it as best I could and have ordered a new one. The reason I am confused is because I found only ONE filter element placed on a little plastic grill. Is the 'pollen filter' then a different filter that comes in TWO pieces?

My LS 400 is a 1996 Mk 3, does the the Mk 4 have a two-piece filter? Many thanks for enlightening me.

Jose hi , the Mk3 only has a one piece cabin filter the one you cleaned is the right one , the MK2 has a sort of two piece effort .

Regards

RD

As above. And the earlier one is much more difficult to get to as it lower down behind the kick plate thing. I guess the confusion may be that when I first posted this I had a MK2 but now I have a MK4 I've changed my photo.