Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Headlight?

AIC

One of my headlights has started to fog up, there's some sort of leak making it take in water which later on condenses. Now, I've found a replacement headlight from a 2003 IS200. Provided they're both the same type, i.e. non-xenons, are these lights interchangeable? Or were there design modifications made to the headlights between 2001 and 2003? Thanks!

One of my headlights has started to fog up, there's some sort of leak making it take in water which later on condenses. Now, I've found a replacement headlight from a 2003 IS200. Provided they're both the same type, i.e. non-xenons, are these lights interchangeable? Or were there design modifications made to the headlights between 2001 and 2003? Thanks!

firstly i'd take the lamp off, empty out any liquid if possible, and stick it in the oven for about 15 mins on 120 degrees, then take it out and squeeze it together all around the edges, re- fit it, then drive with your headlights on with the sidelight unplugged from the lamp so the air is circulating, once all the condensation has gone, stick the sidelight back in and see how you get on, total cost £0

if that fails then get a new lamp, but it worked for me

Thing is - not only can't I bake cookies - I don't even have an oven.

Is it possible to do with a hot air gun? Do I have to remove the entire front bumper to disassemble the headlight?

Thing is - not only can't I bake cookies - I don't even have an oven.

Is it possible to do with a hot air gun? Do I have to remove the entire front bumper to disassemble the headlight?

I don't have a hot air gun so all i'd say is be careful, you just have to warm it enough to soften the seal, then when you squeeze the light it should help close any gaps

some would say no to removing the bumper, but under each headlamp there is a black clip that is easy to break if you remove the lamps without removing the bumper, I find mine shake slightly over bumps now as both my clips are broken, altho this doesn't really affect my lights enough to cause concern