Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering A Is-F

I have looked at a few is-f now and have noticed they all sit very high at the front compared to the back.

Has anyone fitted lowering springs in the uk. I see in the USA they they are fittin tein lowering but only at the front.

I have almost bought a low milage white one.

I have looked at a few is-f now and have noticed they all sit very high at the front compared to the back.

Has anyone fitted lowering springs in the uk. I see in the USA they they are fittin tein lowering but only at the front.

I have almost bought a low milage white one.

The clearance at the front and rear axles is the same, but the design of the rear wheel arches can make the rear look as if it sits lower from some angles. The ride height must have been chosen by Lexus as a compromise - any lower and sleeping policemen etc. will make things scrape and probably wouldn't improve handling (it rarely does and sometimes makes it worse). Any higher might look silly.

• 2 weeks later...

To lower the IS-F, my first choice will be the KW Variant 3 coilovers

If you really want to go down the spring only solution, I would go for Swift Sport springs and Tokico HTS shocks