Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Off Side Headlight

Hello everyone............just recently l have noticed that the front of my o/side headlight has started to appear slightly opaque, almost as if someone has wiped across it with something abrasive.

My local garage informs me that, being made of plastic and not glass, there is no type of polish abvailable that would 'polish it out' so hence my request for help on this forum.

Can it be polished out, or if not, what is the cost of a brand new headlight?

Many thanks

Barrie (Dr)

drbarrie99@aol.com

course it can be polished out.....bl00dy chancers!!!

how to wet sand a headlight

sorry you cant use the above link due to pettyness.....

but you can buy a wet sanding kit that will make your lights look new....

heres the pics from the link

DSCN3626.jpg

DSCN3622.jpg

DSCN3624.jpg

First used the clarifying compound with bare blanket and the result was already very good.

But i decided to go for sanding also, kit came with 4 different grips. And i started from #1 and finally #4. Used about 5 mins per each grip.

DSCN3628.jpg

DSCN3632.jpg

DSCN3634.jpg

DSCN3636.jpg

before and after photo

DSCN3622.jpg

DSCN3638.jpg

hope that helps mate

Wow looks good ! would that work for slightly yellow headlamps ? although some people say yellowness is caused by certain types of bulbs used though ?

no its not due to the type of bulb its just something that happens to plastic lights..

"My local garage informs me that, being made of plastic and not glass, there is no type of polish abvailable that would 'polish it out' so hence my request for help on this forum"

Well, what a load of bunkum that advise was...thanks to 'Ormi' who showed me that it can be done and even sent pictures to prove it and then the very kind offer from 'Lexynick' who arranged to see me this morning and physically polish it out, l have now got two beautiful shiny headlights once more.

What can l say......"Thank You" seems inadequate but it just shows what a friendly bunch we are here in this Forum

Safe driving

Barrie (Dr)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Politicians and babies nappies need changing regularly.....................................................

usually for the very same reason !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links