Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 220D. Very Bad Mpg. White Smoke & Weird Smell From Exhaus

TyroneVeron

Looking for good advice.

Currently driving a IS 220d. On 56 plate. Done 115,000 miles. Full service history and drives really well.

My reason for writing on here is because I am currently getting really bad MPG (24mpg) and White smoke coming from my exhaust that has a funny smell to it. The smoke is Every hour or something around that Mark.

I am using the car as a taxi In Sheffield and it's bleeding me dry in terms of wages.

I have tried premium vpower diesel and it hasn't made a but of difference apart from me being £7-8 out of pocket on each full up.

Also would like to know what is the best coolant and oil to use for this car.

All advice and DIY walk thoughs are welcome. please please help.

Hello. velopment wanted to ask anyone know what is the Lexus IS 220D of 2006, the body? whether it is galvanized or not? I also wonder about the distillery of the main strap? it would be a simple strap or chain? Thank you very much for your response.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for good advice.

Currently driving a IS 220d. On 56 plate. Done 115,000 miles. Full service history and drives really well.

My reason for writing on here is because I am currently getting really bad MPG (24mpg) and White smoke coming from my exhaust that has a funny smell to it. The smoke is Every hour or something around that Mark.

I am using the car as a taxi In Sheffield and it's bleeding me dry in terms of wages.

I have tried premium vpower diesel and it hasn't made a but of difference apart from me being £7-8 out of pocket on each full up.

Also would like to know what is the best coolant and oil to use for this car.

All advice and DIY walk thoughs are welcome. please please help.

Sorry to hear about your IS220D. I contacted the dealer regarding the poor fuel economy and sluggishness. They asked me whether the car consumes oil or not. In my case, not yet but I anticipate that it will do soon. Lexus have a warranty of 100,000 miles or 7yrs on the engine. It requires a engine rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your IS220D. I contacted the dealer regarding the poor fuel economy and sluggishness. They asked me whether the car consumes oil or not. In my case, not yet but I anticipate that it will do soon. Lexus have a warranty of 100,000 miles or 7yrs on the engine. It requires a engine rebuild.

So how much is that going to cost. Plus I've read through a lot of these blogs and it sounds like having it Decoked will sort it out

• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem of getting white smoke only for a short while, but it happens regularly , it smells of oil but I've checked coolant and oil and both seem ok , any ideas please . I have 79k on the clock and its 2008, I've only had the car 6 months and I'm worried it could cost me a fortune

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi everyone! I have the same problem with the white smoke and high consumption. I had the revision in February 2017 and last night I really lost all the power of the car and when I popped up the hood I saw that the coolant level was so low that it wasnt covering the exit of the tank completely.

Did any of you discover where the leak is coming from? head gasket or smth like this?