Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LEXUS/TOYOTA'S Being Imported

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mark_tsang

any Altezza 280T ?? seen one for sale on net on NZ site, my dad was wondering while ago if any made it in UK

the toms 280t is a rare beast nowadays, but not well suited to normal driving conditions, it has many known problems such as oil leaks a very very jerky clutch and totally dreadfull on fuel.........would i have one....DAM YES!!!

hello, supracharged, sent an email in reply to your private message re the two sportcross, in case you didn`t get it, what is your estimate of your price of them imported and sva`d??? i am very interested, cheers, gds

This thread really got me interested.

I really do want an RS200 and from reading what Supracharged-IS340 has said so far I'm very keen.

Big problem is £££

I have at the mo an FTO that I would need to get rid of first before I do anything. Second I know it sounds pikey but £10k may be out of my budget!! :angry:

I wanted to get shot of the fto to replace it with a a 4 door saloon or 5 door hatchback. My choices were:

Impreza

Accord Type R

Golf GTI

For around £8500 - £9500

Always loved the Altezzas/IS200 but always thought it was out of price range and IS200 less nimble, until I saw the BEAMS one.

Now Iif funds allow the one you mentioned Graphite Grey RS200 would interest me. But have a few questions:

You mentioned that you bring over damaged and repaired Altezzas, the first one you posted - is that a damaged and repaired one?

My budget of £9.5 would include SVA etc. could you do anything with that figure?

What is involved with SVA to warrent £500?? (clueless about what is involved sorry :)

Anyhelp or suggestions much appreciated - I know you guys are a good lot :P

the first was accident repaired it needed a new bumper and left wing

the esva will add a month to shipping times.as i get it done out of the country.

i can however get the car shipped directly to the uk, and you get your own esva done (direct shipping can only be done if no damage...but i can get damage done at the esva centre(not sure on prices))

if its a direct import though you will have to pay vat and duty on the car.

vat at 17% and duty at 10%

so on a 6k car you will pay approx £1400 on duty/vat, plus £500 shipping, and £400 esva, 10% finders fee on price of car £600

total price for car £8900 approx

definately low mileage.

Manual would be nice, but I believe a bit harder to get hold of.

Not too bothered if tuned or not - although don't want one that is going to need TLC every five minutes (not much of a mechanic).

preferably silver, although not opposed to black or a nice blue colour.

Appreciate the help

Paul :)

some tuning?

or totally standered

Mat - purely from a hypothetical point of view (I'm not looking for a car).

What is the insurance position on importing a car with modifications?

would they need to be declared to the insurance company?

or - as the car has been imported from Japan, can you get away with saying "I don't know if it has been modified or not - as far as I know this is standard Japanese spec".

what i find strange is......no one will belive this as its to good to be true, just like the UK is200 sports for £17,500 i can get......not one single person has taken me up on the offer.

i would have done if i'd seen it 4 month's ago i'm currently trying to talk my sister into an altezza.

you'll be the first to know if i can

Interesting stuff.... I wish I knew about this before I bought my motor!! :crybaby:

Nevermind... I'll know for next time....

Just one thing I've never seen mentioned in these forums is 'rust proofing' Japanese imported cars? I was looking into an imported FTO a while ago and did a load of research on the web.

All the sites mentioned the usual stuff of the fog light, speedo and even checking the tyres. However they also mentioned having the underside of the car treated against rust / corrosion... apparently EU cars are built with this in mind but not Japanese cars?

Does this only apply to FTO's, all Japanese sourced cars or am I talking cr@p?!! :ohmy:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links