Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Rich OB

Quick question. I need tyres urgently, fitted before the weekend as I'm going away.

I have just worn through a second set of Toyo Proxes T1Rs, did 16000 miles on them.

Anyway, I was looking at Falken 452s but having trouble finding a local tyre place that have them and for a decent price. I have been offered 4 Nankang NS2s for £260 fitted.

Question is does anyone recommend these tyres or are they a total no no?

Quick question. I need tyres urgently, fitted before the weekend as I'm going away.

I have just worn through a second set of Toyo Proxes T1Rs, did 16000 miles on them.

Anyway, I was looking at Falken 452s but having trouble finding a local tyre place that have them and for a decent price. I have been offered 4 Nankang NS2s for £260 fitted.

Question is does anyone recommend these tyres or are they a total no no?

You have to ask yourself....'why are they so cheap?'

Nankang "Ditchfinders".......I wouldn't put them on a wheel barrow, sorry matey.

.......Nankang "Ditchfinders".......I wouldn't put them on a wheel barrow, sorry matey.

is that speaking from experience or just cos they are cheap and thats what you'd expect for the money?? its worth mentioning that Yokohama started out as a budget brand

I have Nankang NS2 on mine, they are 225/40 18's, they are rubbish in the snow, but obviously its a wider tyre than what is on 17's and 16's, on a rear wheel drive car and it isn't a winter tyre

however for my every day driving they are absolutley fine, wears evenly, grips absolutely fine, at £50 a corner i'd happily have them again when the time comes

.......Nankang "Ditchfinders".......I wouldn't put them on a wheel barrow, sorry matey.

is that speaking from experience or just cos they are cheap and thats what you'd expect for the money?? its worth mentioning that Yokohama started out as a budget brand

I have Nankang NS2 on mine, they are 225/40 18's, they are rubbish in the snow, but obviously its a wider tyre than what is on 17's and 16's, on a rear wheel drive car and it isn't a winter tyre

however for my every day driving they are absolutley fine, wears evenly, grips absolutely fine, at £50 a corner i'd happily have them again when the time comes

No, its speaking from professional experience......these have been tested along with several other "budget" brands for use on production vehicles, the only ones that passed muster were Hancook also they could supply in the quantities required by us.

Falken were excellent but just could not produce the volumes required.....when your producing millions of vehicles a year and a tyre is 25% cheaper it kinda adds up, but never at the expense of customer safety.

I have had Falken 452 on both my old GS300 Sport and on my current GS430 and have found them excellent for grip in both wet and dry and they seem to wear very. Not used the later FE912.

I had Falken FK452s on my BMW and they were very good in both dry and wet - great value for money. I would get around 20k miles out of a pair. My only complaint is they can be a little noisy on some surfaces.

I'm now using Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas and they are also very good, plus they have a funky tread pattern. However they are only available in sizes above 225 on a 17" rim.

The Lexus currently has some cheap no-name brand tyres on the rear, and Federals on the front - stay away, they are approaching downright dangerous in the wet. The car understeers like you wouldn't believe. When the time comes, I'm going to try the Hankook K110 Evos on the Lexus - they have good reviews and seem a reasonable price.

I spent ages researching tyres as well. ended up with 4x 452's. Seem to be alot of people with heavier cars (ie is200) taking them off before end off life. The other thing is its equally important to make sure the tyre has a high rating or you could end up blowing out a side wall.

Anyway, done 300 miles on my 452's, you wont be disapointed. I've 'tested' them where safe to do so in wet, dry and loose, better than the bridgestones that were on it before. Had an oh SH** moment on a wet gravely country lane. Had to make a sharpe right turn and thought it was time to say hello to the bush but no, gripped and turned.

They are supposedly better on MPG but if they are its not noticable. Also, theya re a marked improvment on road noise from the bridgestones.

I shall be buying again :)

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links