Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

D2 High Performance Big Brake Front Kit.

ULISSE

Hello all.

I've just installed on my IS220D a new D2 Front Big Brake Kit with 330 mm disks and 8 pot calipers, from EMA Motorsport in Milano (nice guy Emanuele and his troupe, thanks), the italian

distributor.

I'll have a period of 400 Km of break-in, then i'll post my impressions here, maybe should be interesting for someone.

So after have done around 900 Km i can post my very good impressions about this D2 braking system.

The power stop is really strong, nothing compared to original set up, and instead Emanuele (EMA Motorsport that mounted the kit) said the braking system should be very strong and noisy during his action, i was expected much more noise.

Also fading (with D2 sportive pads, which he reccomended me, instead of racing pads) is absolutely tollerable, maybe less then original.

The brake is also very progressive.

Conclusion: 9/10

• 1 year later...

Hello guys.

Just to say that after around 1 and 9 months from installation (july 2011) my D2 8pot big brake kit works still excellent.

I've done around 30.000 Km and pads are still at 60% of their original thickness.

ON the rear i have original set-up with Ferodo pads.

Thanks again to Emanuele from EMA Motorsport in Melegnano which installed the kit and is the official distributor for Italy.

• 7 months later...

About pics i'll make them soon as possible,

about prices, look here:

http://www.emamotorsport.com/store/product.php?id_product=1080.

I found this brand in the Opel GT forums, where some guys use them and are happy.

Wow, now thats what i call a caliper discs and pads !!! Just clicked and says No more available !! ..not that I was ready to spend 1.4k :-d

• 4 months later...

Hi Ulisse,

I'd be totally interested in this kit, the standard discs look like bottle caps behind the 18" Baransu rims I've got, and they aren't performing as well as I'd like - an emergency stop on my way to work the other day completely roasted them, not cool at all. Looking at the site, it looks like these are available in a variety of disc sizes dependent on the size of the rim, which sounds great - you say you went for the 330mm discs and 8 pot calipers, what size ar your rims?

Also did the kit come with braided lines or was it just calipers, discs and pads? I guess you'd source replacement pads from the same company?

Sam

• 2 months later...

Rear brakes contribute about 20% to the overall braking force a vehicle generates. Front brakes have more bias, irrespective of whether the car is FWD or RWD.

If you are looking to upgrade you should consider the IS350/GS300 front brakes as you can still use the OEM low dust pads.

• Like 1

Difficult to come by as the GS is a rare care.

Getting the parts from the dealer will probably cost too much. I will try to get a quote for all the parts that are needed from my local dealer.

• 2 months later...

Rear brakes contribute about 20% to the overall braking force a vehicle generates. Front brakes have more bias, irrespective of whether the car is FWD or RWD.

If you are looking to upgrade you should consider the IS350/GS300 front brakes as you can still use the OEM low dust pads.

These are advertised as IS350 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disc-Brake-Caliper-Friction-Choice-Caliper-Front-Right-fits-06-13-Lexus-IS350-/400652086834?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d48b9ae32

Are these an upgrade on the existing caliper and will they fit?

I cant say for sure la, better off asking lads in the USA forums, this thing is alot bigger over in the States. Lexus mods and stuff in the UK has about .0001% of the market share!, i cant even get basic stuff for this car from uk sellers.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, but i appear very rarely now in this forum.

For Sam:

- i have 18" wheels (MAK Invidia). I choose D2 - 330 mm brake discs because i can use also original 17" Lexus wheels ;)

- the kit came with brake metallic cords also.

- the size of pads is a standard size for track days sport pads, so u can mount Ferodo Racing DS2500, D2, EBC, Hawk, Carbon Metallic, and so on.

Actually i use some pads i bought in UK, which are distributed from a local D2 shop, not marked pads, but i think they are EBS Red pads. Impressive stop power!!

Unfortunately EMA Motorsport still not imports these products, like other D2 products, i asked him some months ago, simply because this is a **** country and burocracy makes a mess for a normal mechanic shop like him to import such goods.

Viva l'Italia.

Thanks Ulisse, that helps quite a bit. The brakes look great behind the 18's you've got there, so I'd be happy going with the same size for my car. Since it's a full kit that would help as well, and it might even be worth upgrading the rears while I'm at it to keep everything looking right. Thanks for the heads-up on the replacement pads as well, it's good to know I could get those without too much trouble.

I've had a look round, and there are a few companies offering D2 parts here in the UK, just shy of £1000 for the front brake kit if I go for fixed discs so that could well work for me once I've saved the cash up. Thanks for the reply :)

• 2 months later...

Hello Sam.

Happy my advices can help.

About rear brakes upgrade i think it's not necessary, cause the stopping power is 80% from front brakes.

If u consider i.e. that u change your rear pads very rarely..this demonstrates they don't partecipate so much in braking power.

As rear pads i use Ferodo pads. Sportive and good durability. Not expensive at all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links