Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowered 50Mm

bob3

Hi , guys lowered IS 50mm with tenzo springs on standard shocks . I've just done the rear but when i took it out the rear end was jumping from side to side when i hit any uneven surface . The shocks are kyb's and only 5 months old (not done 1500 miles ).

Do you think the shocks are not up to a 50mm lower ? or could it be something else ?

Cheers .

Hi , guys lowered IS 50mm with tenzo springs on standard shocks . I've just done the rear but when i took it out the rear end was jumping from side to side when i hit any uneven surface . The shocks are kyb's and only 5 months old (not done 1500 miles ).

Do you think the shocks are not up to a 50mm lower ? or could it be something else ?

Cheers .

Been looking into lowering mine. From what I understand, standard shocks only go down 40mm so could well be your issue.

Have you had the geometry re-set?

Havn't had geometry done yet , Waiting til i do the front then i was going to get front and rear strut braces .

Do you think it would be worth investing in an arb kit ? And if so would i need to fit that before i get the geometry done ?

Cheers guys .

There are cars lowered more than 40mm using standard shocks, just that if the car is certain age or certain mileage as in quite high mileage then its best to replace the shocks same goes even to cars lowered only 30/40mm and yes i always been told max lowered to 40mm on standard shocks ! as said yet again i know people lowered their cars 45..50mm on standard shocks and not have problems, another point is brand of springs is important as in reputable brand such as eibach, not sure if tenzo r is any good or not. geometry track/alignment should be done as for arb kit that only makes difference in cornering, if you want to make your car handle well its worth since is noticeble more than strut bars

Have you had the geometry re-set?

Havn't had geometry done yet , Waiting til i do the front then i was going to get front and rear strut braces .

Do you think it would be worth investing in an arb kit ? And if so would i need to fit that before i get the geometry done ?

Cheers guys .

dont understand why you would lower the rear leave the front then take it out a spin??thats stupid..get the front done and get the alighnment done NOW!!!!!!!!

arb's and strut braces wont affect the alighnment...

but having lowered the car at the rear only it will never handle correctly and the whole car will be trying to flex in ways it shouldnt due to the rear being stiffer than the front!!!