Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Genuine Brake Discs And Pads For The Rx400H Or Aftermarket Performance

I need to get my front brake discs and pads changed as they are worn out and also corroded. Which ones should I go for?

I have quotation from Lexus for £422 including fitting etc.

I have seen some brembo ones on a few sites with reviews. I wanted to see if I could get some performance ones and save some money in the process as well.

Any recommendations?

Anyone used aftermarket ones they can recommend or should I stick to the genuine ones?

57 views and no responses?

To be fair Chum, this topic is done to death; just like tyres, servicing costs, warranty renewals etc. etc.

Have a root around the forum and I'm sure you'll dig something up!

Best advice for brakes is to go with known trusted names from reputable sources. You might want to DIY the brakes as (although not done them in a 400h myself) to do them on a 300/350 is very straight forward.

Cheap ones are fine...as long as you don't mind changing them every year!

Bought some off eBay for my LS, never again (unless it was a trusted brand of course)

Genuine ones have come down in price

Saw sme genuine ones on eBay in last few weeks from A seller i would trust for sub 150

Discs are about a 100 and pads now appear to be 50

Would be about 1 hrs work for a pro so would have thought it should only be 250

Regards

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

I was also quoted approx: £500 to renew front discs and pads by Lexus Cheltenham. My very trusted mechanic in Worcester who looks after my other cars did the job for £230 incl: VAT and using genuine Lexus parts. Shop around and save some money. Bear in mind the main dealers have posh showrooms and service centres which we, the Lexus owners, pay for! Labour charges are bound to be much more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links