Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speeding Ticket From Motorbike Camera

wicked677

I was just come out of a 50 and it goes to a 30 and then a big hill can roll down it at 50 if not careful. Well the other night at about 9pm (not a soul about) there was a copper with a speedgun right at bottom of hill, think he got me as was doing about 40 on speedo (so about 35ish in real terms).

I have a couple of questions about possibilites. There was an audi that must have been doing more than 40 as was bombing it in front, he must have got him, when i drove and saw him I couldn't believe it, he had the gun zapping at beemer behind that must have been doing about 40 too, when i came back i saw him writing something on a notebook.

What I am asking is are images saved on his radar gun or does he have to manually have to write them? if so i have a 50% chance he didnt as didnt see him writing mine as i drove past. will there be a picture of me driving if it was from radar?

my number plate is x80 ool I have the numbers put together so it looks like 8000 - i am thinking he might think its 8000 instead of 80 and issue ticket to wrong car meaning i get away?

am really worried as only had car few months, pain in the arse I find it really sneaky they would sit on an unmarked bike at bottom of hill at night.

i know simple answer is dont speed but we all do it from time to time unintentally i am not after a lecture, just some advice... fingers crossed i dont get ticket.

also i have an automatic and 16 inch alloys, so my speedo might be out more than someone on 17's ? am going to plug my satnav in too see how fast 40 on speedo is rolling... do they normally issue for 35-37?

thx guys am really paranoid as young and my insurance will be double cos of this goon

edit: also had lights on low beam if this would help deflect the beam?

Can you get tickets via post from laser guns? I thought they had to stop you and physically give you the ticket in that case - hence why he was sitting on a bike.

Chances are he wasn't bothered about people doing 40, more interested in those that might have been doing 60 or so.

Can you get tickets via post from laser guns? I thought they had to stop you and physically give you the ticket in that case - hence why he was sitting on a bike.

Chances are he wasn't bothered about people doing 40, more interested in those that might have been doing 60 or so.

having your lights on low beam wouldnt make no odds to a laser mate......

the wifes a traffic cop and in a 30 they look for people at 43 or above....

i would stop worrying.......also if it was a man on a bike with a lazer if he was going to clock you/do you he would have got on his bike and chased you pulled you over and gave you the ticket then and their.......

also if it was a man on a bike with a lazer if he was going to clock you/do you he would have got on his bike and chased you pulled you over and gave you the ticket then and their.......

Cool, I thought that was the case.

Thanks for answering the questions, what happens happens but you are probably right... It's nice to see that they are after those who go over by excess as don't speed at all ever normally...

edit: never got a ticket for this

• 1 year later...

A lone police officer can caution you for speeding. They don't need a speed gun. The gun is merely a tool they use to confirm their suspicions. An officer on foot patrol can accuse you of speeding AND no they don't need to stop you. Provided you receive a NIP (Notice of Intending Prosecution) within 14 days & then issue a summons within 6 months you're good to go. If they stop & caution you there is no longer a need for the NIP it goes straight to summons.

The above assumes your DVLA details are correct & if not they get longer & you're in trouble (fine £1000) for not updating the details

• 1 year later...

A lone police officer can caution you for speeding. They don't need a speed gun. The gun is merely a tool they use to confirm their suspicions. An officer on foot patrol can accuse you of speeding AND no they don't need to stop you. Provided you receive a NIP (Notice of Intending Prosecution) within 14 days & then issue a summons within 6 months you're good to go. If they stop & caution you there is no longer a need for the NIP it goes straight to summons.

The above assumes your DVLA details are correct & if not they get longer & you're in trouble (fine £1000) for not updating the details

If the fuzzy boyz intend to prosecute, you can take it or defend against it via the court procedure, then they must produce the actual speed you were doing and where you were doing it, the speed must be from a sanctioned recording device with provable calibration certificate, you must request for this proof of calibration prior to the hearing, if they won't or can't then the judge will throw them out of court.

Go here for a look.... http://www.speedingfinesuk.co.uk/