Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Unit

Hi guys,

My bottom loading CD player has finally given up after 12 years and is showing the Err3 code. I've removed it and managed to get all the loaded discs out of it but it's still throwing up the same error. If anybody has a working OEM unit lying about that they want shot of then please get in touch. I really don't want to be fitting aftermarket or a GROM as I prefer the factory look, personally. I don't mind replacing it with the newer top loading one providing the connections are the same.

Many thanks.

B)

sorry matey but you cant just plug n play, you'll only be able to replace with the same version. unless your really lucky and find a working bottom loader you have no choice but to get an aftermarket unit as the grom doesnt work with the bottom loaders

oh, and connectors for bottom and top loader are different, I have both of the connectors though, but dont have time to change am, as I have top loader in my boot, that seemed to work fine before taking it of the car

Curses.

Oh well I guess it was a bit of a long shot. I'll just have to have a browse around the aftermarket stuff and see what's on offer. Probably go for Pioneer as they've never let me down in the past.

I'm using Grom Audio, now thinking of adding a bluetooth to it as well, works a treat tbh :) don't need CD's ;)

Whilst I like the idea of the Grom thingy I like to have the option of playing CDs so I've gone and ordered one that plays them and has Iphone connectivity as well so I should get the best of both worlds. B)

who told you that grom doesn't work with bottom loaders? I have a bottom loader and a grom, and they do work together.

maybe they have worked the bugs out the, 3/4 years ago when grom was first brought out, a number of members on here brought them and it came to light that they didnt work with bottom loaders.

Looks like they resolved the issues then, happy days

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links