Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If It Was Your Money......

Matt Hillyard

12 members have voted

1. 1. What springs would you buy?

• Eibach - Lowers 30mm
    • H&R - Lowers 35mm

Hi All,

I am undecided what springs to order. I do a lot of motorway miles with passengers so don't want a bone crunching ride, its more for looks purposes than performance.

I have heard great things about Eibach but not that much about H&R.....

What would you order if it was your money???

Thanks,

Matt

Eibach everytime, supposedly H & R is good also but !!!!! years ago i bought some H & R springs for my Mazda 323 -35mm i didnt lower it anywhere near 35mm nor did the car hadle any different, probably did but i didnt notice ! what annoyed me is that the car still looked 'high' for a lowered car & many people, my dad included said 'is it lowered ?' whether its in person or photo's !! i then bought Apex springs -40mm i was alot more happier, yes i know only 5mm difference, well apparently as i suspect its more than that even the garage fitted it said its more than 5mm different, alot more noticebly lowered in terms or looks and handling, H&R costed alot at time too, wernt impressed !

El_bandido I've heard that coilovers stiffen the ride more than springs and as it's a daily driver I don't want to compromise a lot of comfort for looks.

Avi have you got Apex springs on ur Lex and if so would you recommend them as an option?? I am concerned 30mm wont be enough to look any better??

I had adjustable coilovers on my 323. Looked great, handled great, but was sooo uncomfortable for a daily driver and I also took a massive hit on the insurance so for that reason, I'm out. And going for spring and shock combo.

Coil over suspension has a stiffer ride than lowered springs, fact, also some coil over brand isnt too good/reliable i heard few with D2 or K-sport coil over didnt last long, leaking shock soemthing, could been faulty batch...

I'm running H&R springs, they are great, a nice drop, firmed up the ride without going too harsh and handles amazing. You will have to slow down for speed bumps though.

I have also had Eibach on previous cars, the H&R's are a bit harder.

Pic

nmnfwi.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have Eibachs with standard shocks and they have helped alot with pretty much no difference in comfort. the back does stick up further than the front, but nothing a couple of bags of stones cant solve! Looks better now and goes over bumps and car park ramps fine.

I have the Eibach and they've dropped the car nicely with no deterioration in ride comfort and no problems with speed bumps. The chassis is more taut so it handles even better. Could not recommend them highly enough!

I've heard that H&R are a stiff spring and you will lose some of the ride quality.