Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fair Fuel Petition

lexynik

Copied and pasted from another forum but seems a very good thing for everyone to have a go at and post on any other forums

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter,

The battle for cheaper petrol/diesel prices is at a crucial stage. 10 days ago, the Government made a new on-line facility available to get issues that concern the public aired in the House of Commons. Consequently, If 100,000 citizens sign our petition on the Government's new ePetition site then the issue of cheaper petrol/diesel will be debated in Parliament.

This morning, our petition on the Government site has reached 36,000 signatures. We need a further 64,000. Our own FairFuelUK petition at www.fairfueluk.com has 200,000. However, these campaign supporters unfortunately do not count towards the ePetition on the new Government site. It is absolutely vital that we get to 100,000 within a few weeks. The only petition ahead of us is the one relating to the recent riots.

If you have already signed our petition on the Government ePetition site – thank you! Please try to encourage other friends, colleagues and contacts to do the same by forwarding this email.

If you haven’t signed, please do so NOW at http://bit.ly/FFUK-Gov . Failure to hit 100,000 will set the case for lower taxes on fuel back years.

Please remember, every signature really counts. It really does!

Very kind regards,

The FairFuelUK team

http://www.fairfueluk.com

PS: If you use Twitter, please follow us at www.twitter.com/FairFuelUK . The @FairFuelUK account has over 100 MPs and Politicians already following our campaign for lower fuel prices. This means that your tweets will be seen by these decision makers if your follow us.

PPS: If you have any problems signing up to the Government's ePetition website, please go to www.fairfueluk.com/epetitionproblems.html

The FairFuelUK campaign is supported by the RAC (7 million members) and the two bodies that represent the UK road freight industry, the RHA and the FTA. Between them the RHA and FTA have over 20,000 members. The campaign also enjoys the support of approaching 200,000 members of the public. We are aiming to get 1 million on board as soon as possible. Follow FairFuelUK on Twitter and Facebook

Hawkeye Equipped

Link to my work in progress thread here - http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php/198715-oldskools-disco-dilemmas

Signed....but I've signed about 4 of these types of petitions and none of them have changed anything.

I also notice that the petition doesn't mention government reducing the tax on fuel which is how we can see lower fuel prices.

I live in hope that this one does actually reduce and stabilise fuel prices

We aren't going to get any cuts in tax on fuel in the near future, the money just isn't there........

The only thing that could cause a change would be if people stopped using their cars leading to a decrease in tax revenue - then they'd cut tax as overall it would bring more money in (similar logic to the plans to remove the 50% tax on high earners)

But looking at traffic levels doesn't look like that is happening......

We aren't going to get any cuts in tax on fuel in the near future, the money just isn't there........

The only thing that could cause a change would be if people stopped using their cars leading to a decrease in tax revenue - then they'd cut tax as overall it would bring more money in (similar logic to the plans to remove the 50% tax on high earners)

But looking at traffic levels doesn't look like that is happening......

Figures show that fuel sales in the first three months of this year were down by 1 billion litres compared to the same period in 2008, a loss in revenue of £637.8 million. Whilst I would love to see cheaper fuel I can't see it coming via tax cuts. A few years ago Britain had just about the highest priced fuel in Europe but now we have been overtaken by countries like France, Belgium, Germany. I think Luxembourg is still cheaper than Britain though.

Figures show that fuel sales in the first three months of this year were down by 1 billion litres compared to the same period in 2008, a loss in revenue of £637.8 million. Whilst I would love to see cheaper fuel I can't see it coming via tax cuts. A few years ago Britain had just about the highest priced fuel in Europe but now we have been overtaken by countries like France, Belgium, Germany. I think Luxembourg is still cheaper than Britain though.

That's interesting, in that case perhaps there could be reason for a minor tax cut but prices are at such a level now that I still couldn't see it happening as it's unlikely to stimulate a surge in fuel purchase.

And yes the comparison with other parts of europe means there's no real pressure to drop the price anyway.

But why is traffic as bad as ever if people aren't buying the fuel to be on the road!! :P

But why is traffic as bad as ever if people aren't buying the fuel to be on the road!! :P

Possibly because small cars are being used more and partly (but only in a very small way) due to hybrid cars. I often use wife's car (i30 1.4) instead of my 4.3 especially locally, so I use at least 60% less fuel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links