Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'll reserve full judgement till I see it in the flesh but as per the article that is a real disappointment after the LF-Gh concept........

It looks like they've taken a 5 series, Japaneseified it (in other words made it uglier) and then stuck the front of the CT200h on it.

Why release that concept if the real car was almost ready and such a visual disappointment in comparison?

Its not too exciting is it. It reminds me of a Vauxhall Insignia from the side. I'm slightly underwhelmed by this, of course it could look better in the metal.

I think the rear is a bit fussy, I think that is down to the lower rear reflectors, does a car need them?

Apparently it drives very well.

It looks like they've taken a 5 series, Japaneseified it (in other words made it uglier) and then stuck the front of the CT200h on it.

Agreed. It looks much like a softened BMW E60 rear end. I somehow feel that the previous GS models had their own design identity, but Lexus lost the ball on this one by trying too hard to be someone else?

+1 on the new GS looking too much like a E60 5 series.

Lexus should keeping designing cars like the original IS (Altezza), to me the shape of the 1st gen IS was way ahead of it's time of launch (1999).

+1 on the new GS looking too much like a E60 5 series.

Lexus should keeping designing cars like the original IS (Altezza), to me the shape of the 1st gen IS was way ahead of it's time of launch (1999).

This is just my opinion but I always thought the mk1 IS/Altezza was a sharpened up version of the W202 Merc C-Class. Still think it's a great looking car, but no denying the Merc DNA, as with every other Lexus model of that era.

It's a bit of a shame as for a short while (sparked off by the mk2 IS) it looked as though Lexus were creating their own styling direction but now seems as though that's fallen down.

I don't know what it is but this started with the current RX and now this GS, every time I see these new Lexus models I immediately think of Hyundai and Kia - is it that those manufacturers are copying Lexus or vice versa?

It's growing on me every time I look at it. Perhaps in a decent colour and some alloys, it could be ok.

Will the UK get AWD?

I don't think we'll be getting anything other than a hybrid, so unless they'll be creating an GS600h I doubt there will be an AWD model.

Wonder why Lexus don't mix the engines around the range more like other manufacturers, surely it can't have that much of an impact on costs? I would've thought a GS250 or an LS350/LS450h (you get the idea) wouldn't have that much of a development cost but are likely better sellers than the currently limited range.

Wonder why Lexus don't mix the engines around the range more like other manufacturers, surely it can't have that much of an impact on costs? I would've thought a GS250 or an LS350/LS450h (you get the idea) wouldn't have that much of a development cost but are likely better sellers than the currently limited range.

I was told by a Lexus chap that the UK will be getting a cheaper GS250 and a GS450.

I was told by a Lexus chap that the UK will be getting a cheaper GS250 and a GS450.

Typical.....Oh and don't forget we will get the lesser warranty at 3 years instead of 4 like the US get. But hey... It's not Rip of Britain cos Tony bLiar told us so !!

Not sur eif i like it, would of thought it be looking like the concept a bit more, gotta see it in person and helps if the pics are bit clearer without words across the damm pics !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links