Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering/ Breaking Noise

willisjw

Hope you can help, I've got a 2001 GS300 SE 90k miles. I've notised a noise that I can oly discribe as a "creak" when breaking and tuning at the same time. I only notice the noise at relativly low speed 10-25 MPH.

I don't get the noise when breaking in a strsight line, but I do have some steering wobble.

Any ideas?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same noise you describe. Just replaced the front antiroll bar bushes. Its seems better but I'm not sure if i've also got some noise coming from the brakes now. I'll post back in a couple of days when I've had a chance to test fully.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

I also have same problem, and I've changed the bushes of the anti-roll bar, it become better for 3 weeks, then the sound comes out again. It's annoying. I'm very happy with my car, except the sound. This is the only reason now I'm thinking and want to change to a new car.

• 1 year later...
I also have same problem, and I've changed the bushes of the anti-roll bar, it become better for 3 weeks, then the sound comes out again. It's annoying. I'm very happy with my car, except the sound. This is the only reason now I'm thinking and want to change to a new car.

i have suddenly got a creaking noise when i turn the steering wheel(gs300 1993) one mechanic told me its the lower ball joint.

i did some internet searches and i found that their was a person who had a similar problem

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=31153

i hope this helps and i will let you guys know how i get on aswell

• 3 months later...

Same sound on the right front and only at low speeds and i had to be at an angle when coming to stop or turning slow or even backing out of parking spot. It went on for a few months i changed the roaters and break pads not that long ago so i knew it wasnt the pads. The sound seemed to just be going away and happening less often and not so loud.

Last weekend i was turning (not a sharp turn even) and Lower front right ball joint unhooked from the steering knuckle and lower suspension arm fell inside the back of my wheel and started shredding the chrome off. :o

My dad heavy equipment and diesel mechanic so i towed it to his place. He replaced the ball joint and said that the two front ones where "bone dry" and greased the other one for me. I know something else is going on and i want to get another car after reading the vol.2 repair manual and having to order the hard to find in stock parts online and seeing the rest of the prices for the little pieces hooked along down there. Ball joint $85 but the rest of the stuff 300+ just for the parts so imagine what it will cost you at the shop.

Well last night i was getting on highway and thought i heard a clunk sound just 1 clunk i didnt feel anything but scared after last week so exited and coming to the stop light my car starts grinding very loud and doesnt want to stop and is pulling around. very bad but i dont know what it is except i know its not the ball joint because the car still turned easily and if the joint went out you cant turn hardly on the side it breaks on and car pulls you the other way hard to control it.

does anyone know what this is?

I also messed up the ABS sensor on the wheel that the ball joint went out on trying to tighten my breaks after replacing the ball joint. But they wernt locking up it was more like they were not in the right place or gone! does anyone know anything?????

My dad lives 2 1/2 hours away and cant come fix it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links