Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 2005 - Newbie Questions

Hi all,

I've recently just bought my first Lexus (IS 250) and have been looking on the forum even before I bought it. I'm really pleased with it but it needs some love and I have a few questions which I haven't found the answer to using the search function.

Rear tail light - the plastic casing is cracked, where is the best place to get a new casing and is it even possible?

Front fog light - the plastic has steamed up with condensation, looks like I need a new front fog light unit, any ideas where to find the part number and best place to buy?

I'm going to get it serviced and like to provide the oil - whats the best suggestion? I've seen 5W-30 mentioned, any particular brand?

Thanks for all your help with this and I'm looking forward to browsing the forum.

Cheers

Hi there Savage

Just like you I'm new to the Lexus scene as well - Just got myself an IS250 SE-L and I feel very proud to drive it around. I have one question for you, can you tell me where you saw the offer for the updated SatNav DVD(s) - I have 2006 model but the maps are out of date on my unit.

thanks

Rikki

Hi Rikki,

from the research I've done it appears that there are 3 options for upgrading your Sat Nav disc:

eBay

www.satnav-maps.com

www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

satnav-maps according to various reviews on google is someone selling copied discs so your maps will update but the functionality such as using the sat nav whilst driving won't update.

Satnav maps costs about £40 and maupupdates.eu seems legit and is £150 I believe.

Hope this helps?

Anyone have answers to my questions?

I used http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ to order updated Sat Nav Disc set for my 2006 IS250 in December last year.

Confimation details that came back for the order included:-

Order Details:

Part Number:PZ485-X03EU-10

Disc-identifier:86271-0W063;86271-0W073;86271-0W083;86271-0W094;86807-0W064;

Quantity:1

Total cost all inclusive:Euro 158.99

Used the Disc for Western Europe and sold the other 3 discs on eBay

Had tried one from eBay previosly which turned out to be a copy, this failed (would not read disk) after about a month

North Disc and Central Disc sold to someone in netherlands for £20 each + postage, East Disc to someone in Greece for £37 + postage.

You can also sell your existing older disc for a few pounds.

Think that the discs are also used by some toyota models as well Avensis, Prius fitted with TNS700 Unit

Hope this helps