Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm in the US and the GS400s have yellow driving lights while the LS400s have normal white lights. Are they the same blubs? If so can anyone tell me what the model is and where I can get some because I think the yellow with HID looks really nice compared to white with HID and the white isnt quite as white as HID so it looks funny.

thanks

smokey :sleeping:

Having just had to replace one of mine (03 GS430) after a stone smashed it to bits I can tell you that there is a yellow shield inside the light which changes the colour. The bulb is a normal one - you might try to get a yellow bulb - but I'm not sure of the availability of one which would fit.

For the US,

The GS400 is spec'd to use 9005.

LS400 '90~'93 uses 9004,

'94~'95 uses H4,

'96~2000 uses 9005 though may use 9006 Low beam is H4 but may use H3 Recommendation is to check your existing bulb.

I would have thought the whole idea of having HID lights is for the 3800K or even 4000K light colour (color) which tests have shown improve the visibility distance.

The amber lights are usually for anti-glare purposes; ie the other driver's benefit and may be a bit of yellow plastic stuck on.

If you want pretty lights I suggest Christmas tree lights.