Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport Vs F-Sport

kon123

I have a 2006 220d Sport and I can’t help thinking that it still looks a bit high, despite the standard lowered suspension, whereas any newer F-Sport models I see seem to sit better (both cars on 18” wheels).

Does anyone know if the F-Sport springs drop the car more than the standard Sport setup? If so, is it possible to fit the F-Sport springs keeping the existing dampers and how much are the F-Sport springs?

I know there are aftermarket alternatives (H&R etc), but from the pics I have seen I feel these drop the car by a bit too much (35mm iirc)……..the F-Sport looks just right!!!

Thanks in advance

I have a 2006 220d Sport and I can't help thinking that it still looks a bit high, despite the standard lowered suspension, whereas any newer F-Sport models I see seem to sit better (both cars on 18" wheels).

Does anyone know if the F-Sport springs drop the car more than the standard Sport setup? If so, is it possible to fit the F-Sport springs keeping the existing dampers and how much are the F-Sport springs?

I know there are aftermarket alternatives (H&R etc), but from the pics I have seen I feel these drop the car by a bit too much (35mm iirc)……..the F-Sport looks just right!!!

Thanks in advance

The EiBach Pro Springset for the IS250 only drops the car by 30mm all round, which is, I believe, the same as the F Sport.

So will my Sport be lowered by the full 30mm with this kit or is it already lowered a bit and therefore I will only gain the difference between the standard sport springs and the Eibach Pro kit?

According to the Lexus GB site the Sport has the same ride height as the standard model, so no difference. The F-Sport equipment options include suspension springs that will lower the car approximately 1" all round, whereas the EiBach Springs will lower it by 30mm all round. The F-Sport equipment also offers Bilstein Shock absorbers.

In the USA you can spec a car from the F-Sport options list, and presumably you can in the UK if you part with enough money on top of the new price of an IS 'Sport', which is basically a standard with the OEM bodykit.

The F-Sport options are shown here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/news/date/2010-07-26/title/lexus-f-sport-performance-accessories-line-includes-parts-for-gs-is-c-and-is-models

According to the Lexus GB site the Sport has the same ride height as the standard model, so no difference.

A few press releases seem to imply the Sport is already lowered by 10mm?: http://www.lexusgb-press.co.uk/protected/product/is250_220d/051118R-Lexus_IS_launch_press_pack.htm

There's a few misleading statements in those early press releases e.g. They state all the exhaust components are stainless steel (which isn't the case). If you look on the current Lexus GB site and check the height of the Sport you'll see it's the same as the rest.

Are there any stainless components in an IS250 exhaust? I haven't looked closely.

Nope, I have the OEM one in my shed after replacing it with a 306 Stainless Steel system from Tanabe. Only the tailpipe trims may be stainless or more likely chromed, but the rest is carbon steel and will rust.