Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Stereo Auxialliary In.

Jemforts

4 options for aux in

1.buy a cassete adapter and have very poor quality (not an option really)

2. buy GROM adapter for 50 pounds ( dont remember price, but was not cheap)

3. DIY aux input posted somewhere long time ago. when 3.5mm cable is solidered directly on main board, cost around 2pounds, result is cd quality sound.

4. DIY aux in with 4 pole relay, that connects your player directly to oem amp, then volume is controlled trough your player, not head unit.

as for amplifier output - can be done, allowing to connect sub to oem head unit.

• 2 months later...

hmmm.... I want option 3 but don't know where to start. I have the FM transmitter which randomly losing signal and sound quality isn't close to CD. :crybaby:

I hope he won't mind but here's a picture that member Fargo had some time ago now.

TG

post-1267-0-77232600-1315129762.jpg

This way you wont be able to adjust fader, bass and treble from head unit. and volume will be controlled trough your player...

This is what i did

Boergy's pictures

Radio01.jpg

Radio02.jpg

Radio04.jpg

Radio05.jpg

Radio06.jpg

Radio07.jpg

Radio08.jpg

the key is to remove little caps and bridge the resistors ( you can remove resistors and just short the two poles)

after that when you insert cassete in your headunit it will activate aux input.

Good luck

This way you wont be able to adjust fader, bass and treble from head unit. and volume will be controlled trough your player...

This is what i did

Boergy's pictures

so just to be clear.. will this way allow me to adjust all the settings, when using only the stereo (e.g for cd/tape) or do I lose the functionality all together

This is what i did

Boergy's pictures

so just to be clear.. will this way allow me to adjust all the settings, when using only the stereo (e.g for cd/tape) or do I lose the functionality all together

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean, but the first way, your head unit will be useless since aux is connected directly to amplifier.

in my (Boergy's) way, your head unit 'thinks' it is playing cassete when in real time your mp3 player is the source of sound. head unit works as it does on radio, cd or tape mode...

as for GROM adapter... simple solutions cost money. soldering wire to main board will cost you few punds for the wire only

I've got the Grom unit - can't praise it enough, allows full control of iPod AND you can also get a Bluetooth add on now - no more earpieces whilst on the phone. Yes, I know it's about £50 but it's a half hour to fit it with the suppied plug straight in to the back of the head unit.

This is what i did

Boergy's pictures

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean, but the first way, your head unit will be useless since aux is connected directly to amplifier.

in my (Boergy's) way, your head unit 'thinks' it is playing cassete when in real time your mp3 player is the source of sound. head unit works as it does on radio, cd or tape mode...

as for GROM adapter... simple solutions cost money. soldering wire to main board will cost you few punds for the wire only

thanks that is what I meant, sorry for not being clear... one more thing what happens when you actually place a real cassette in there? does it play or only play the external source

also I can see where abouts the area is, where you have soldered, but can you explain the wire you are attaching to it... what wire is it and how come it splits into three? are they two different phonos which have been split?

sorry for pestering, but it seems a very good option at the moment, especially if the quality is good, and if I dont lose the normal funtionality of the tape, as my dad has several cassettes he listens to.

the key is to remove little caps and bridge the resistors ( you can remove resistors and just short the two poles)

Good luck

Rubbish.

Its an active head unit. The AMP controls the volume, fader, bass, treble, etc. through the TX+/- multiplex from the front controls of the HU. The HU is the audio source and controller only. Nothing to do with the L/R bass, volume, etc. at that level - the level and equalisation is constant at this point.

Try it. That also how the third party aux units work.

Jemforts, your best bet is to either break into the lines, or get a GROM if you aren't too happy with doing this.

Good luck

Rubbish.

Its an active head unit. The AMP controls the volume, fader, bass, treble, etc. through the TX+/- multiplex from the front controls of the HU. The HU is the audio source and controller only. Nothing to do with the L/R bass, volume, etc. at that level - the level and equalisation is constant at this point.

well this is weird

When I did my head units brain change I was drivin around without head unit for a month.

I conneced ipod directly to cars stock amp and listened it with no problems. volume was controlled from ipod and thats it. all I had to do was to connect one wire to ignition, just like remote wire to any other amplifier, so it knows when to turn on or off.

I dont know what you have there, but I am telling from my experience.

Now I dont have anything from stock audio left in my car.

Now my stock amp can be used as a normal, standalone speaker amplifier.

btw cars stock navigation worked fine without stock head unit too.

my car is year 2000, is200, 8 speaker audio and navigation