Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 Spoke Wheel Thoughts...

jasons

Picked these up last week ( I dont need them as I have the chrome/silver LE ones on mine at present) but they were too cheap too turn down.

KGrHqMOKkUE5VPwybutBOWDPFGvww_121.jpg

Apart from the fact they've been powdercoated white, the tyres on them arent great, 1mm on the rears and about 3mm on the fronts.

So question is,

get them refurbed as is, and sell on as needing new rubber?

or

get the tyres taken off and refurb and sell as rims only?

I did think about getting new rubber, but once that cost is taken into account, I doubt I'll make anything on them.

Answers on a postcard..

J

Im lookin a set in the grey/anthracite colour they come in!

Picked these up last week ( I dont need them as I have the chrome/silver LE ones on mine at present) but they were too cheap too turn down.

KGrHqMOKkUE5VPwybutBOWDPFGvww_121.jpg

Apart from the fact they've been powdercoated white, the tyres on them arent great, 1mm on the rears and about 3mm on the fronts.

So question is,

get them refurbed as is, and sell on as needing new rubber?

or

get the tyres taken off and refurb and sell as rims only?

I did think about getting new rubber, but once that cost is taken into account, I doubt I'll make anything on them.

Answers on a postcard..

J

I have factory silver 11 spokes but want the grey/anthracite ones!?

depending on price after a refurb id be interested in these, thats if you go back to a shade close to the factory silver...?

I saw those on eBay how much did you get them for in the end? Last time I looked was just £80 - I was going to bid but it was local pickup only and live too far away.

What would you sell them for once refurbed with new rubber?

I saw those on ebay how much did you get them for in the end? Last time I looked was just £80 - I was going to bid but it was local pickup only and live too far away.

£88 all in- arranged my own courier for £27 so not too bad for £115.

Quick referb and they will probably be back on the 'bay in a couple of week...

I saw those on ebay how much did you get them for in the end? Last time I looked was just £80 - I was going to bid but it was local pickup only and live too far away.

£88 all in- arranged my own courier for £27 so not too bad for £115.

Quick referb and they will probably be back on the 'bay in a couple of week...

I'll keep my eyes open for them

nice how much are they expected to fetch?

how much did the refurb cost you.

im still arguing with myself on wether to get mine refurbed or buy new after market alloys

or keep searching fleabay for (hopefully a bargain)

found a place who will do refurbs for £76 all in,and thats sand blasted made good and baked and refitting of tyres.

or my bro/in/law runs his own chips away franchise for £40 a wheel,but this in my opinion will be as good as myself doing the work

and buying the stuff from Halfords.

dilemas dilemas, :unsure:

Spray gun / compressor- in the garage, so just consumables- paint etc so probably £30 max.

Plus my time (which, at the weekend, according to my wife and kids is priceless.....)

J

Sometimes though you have to ask yourself if it is the right thing. As at that price it's probably likely that those alloys have been stolen off somebodies pride and joy. Not taking away the fact you got yourself a bargain!

I'd have to disagree in your thinking that because they were cheap they were stolen...

eBay is littered with items that are poorly described, photographed, in the wrong section etc.

So, a poor ad, 1 poor small picture, no details of tyres or tyre condition, and MORE importantly, a seller at the top end of Scotland who says it's collection only will serverely limit the market he's in.

Clearly all of that means that there arent going to be many people interested, also a mid afternoon finish time on a week day is the final nail in the coffin.

Just because I checked beforehand that I could arrange my own courier was the only reason I bid (and won) the wheels.

However, if anyone in the North of Scotland is missing a set of 4 originally painted (badly) white 11 spoke wheels for a 2004-2005 Lexus IS, please contact spec-savers or your local branch of the style police. :winky:

eBay is a gold mine when you come across rubbish ads, my brother constantly buys alloys where the seller has simply put "alloys" and he'll then list them with as many relevent cars in the title to increase visibility and makes a nice chunk on almost every set

I too got a bargain set of OEM illuminated door sills, the seller stated he didn't know which model, altho did list the part number, I paid £23 delivered, but then I couldn't figure out the wiring diagram so stuck them on at £100 buy it now, sold within mins, £65 profit after fees :D