Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Faulty Key Or Central Locking?

Please help! I have a Lexus IS200 1998 Model. I have a fault with the either the Master Key or the Central Locking not sure which. The key is able to open the boot, the drivers side door by inserting it into either of the locks, and it also starts the engine via the ignition. But the key will not unlock or lock the car using the buttons on the key's fob. I've tried changing the batteries. The key fob appears to be working as the LED lights up when the buttons are operated. The central locking can be activated using the buttons on the drivers side door. Can anyone advise as to what might the problem?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Please help! I have a Lexus IS200 1998 Model. I have a fault with the either the Master Key or the Central Locking not sure which. The key is able to open the boot, the drivers side door by inserting it into either of the locks, and it also starts the engine via the ignition. But the key will not unlock or lock the car using the buttons on the key's fob. I've tried changing the batteries. The key fob appears to be working as the LED lights up when the buttons are operated. The central locking can be activated using the buttons on the drivers side door. Can anyone advise as to what might the problem?

Thanks

Hi, just wondered if you found a solution to your problem above as I'm now having the same trouble with the kep fob. Central locking is fine and the LED lights up when buttons are depressed but the car doesn't lock or unlock..

Would be very grateful for some guidance.

Many thanks

Hi, just wondered if you found a solution to your problem above as I'm now having the same trouble with the kep fob. Central locking is fine and the LED lights up when buttons are depressed but the car doesn't lock or unlock..

Many thanks

Does this happen with all your keys or just one key?

Many thanks

Well I was given 2 keys when I brought the car, and only one ever worked for remotely locking/unlocking the car. But in the last week my 'regular' key has been playin up and takes a good few minutes to recognise I'm trying to remotely lock the car.... Sometimes it doesnt work at all. But all the time the LED is flashing like a gooden'

It's gettin frustrating.

Ive just had a very similar issue, where it wouldnt work at all. It has now just started working again, but some of the suggestions i was given were around replacing the batteries in the keyfobs, seeing if its interference for example does it always hapen in one spot maybe somethings interefring with the signal. Maybe try checking those out and see if they help.

Well I was given 2 keys when I brought the car, and only one ever worked for remotely locking/unlocking the car. But in the last week my 'regular' key has been playin up and takes a good few minutes to recognise I'm trying to remotely lock the car.... Sometimes it doesnt work at all. But all the time the LED is flashing like a gooden'

It's gettin frustrating.

I can't see it being batteries if the LED is flashing that well. Possibility it could be a dodgy/loose bit in the keyfob causing the signal not to be sending clearly or a fault at the receiver in the car. Do the lights flash ok in the 2nd key that you say has never worked? If not it might be worth trying a new Battery in that one. If that worked it would indicate a fault with key.