Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tracking And Tyre Wear

200 2 U

Hi all, as a new owner of a Lexus IS200 Sport I am a little damp behind the ears regarding this beautiful vehicle.

I have owned my '01 \Y plate IS200 since May this year, drove 3,500 miles to Romania and back to Oxfordshire UK in it at the end of July and it is an absolute pleasure to sit behind the wheel of this car...yes I love it, however, I noticed a few days after this gruelling journey that my rear off-side tyre had worn quite drastically along the outside edge, now I usually associate this type of tyre wear with the front tyres and the solution is usually that a tracking chack and realignment is required...but on the rear wheels !!!!

A colleague of mine suggested that maybe my car has 4 wheel track alignment, is this the case? and if so does a standard tracking alignment put this to right and resolve this issue, it is now quite noticable that the rear O/S tyre has been worn quite badly along the outside edge, it can't be the rear wheel bearings as I had them both replaced before making the journey to Romania, among other work that needed to be carried out.

Any help and suggestions would be very gratefully recieved

thank you

All four corners are adjustable on the IS,it could be when the bearings were done something was disturbed,but the best thing to do is book into WIM or a garage recommended on their site (there's a few threads about) and get it sorted properly,as a normal tracking mainly deals with the fronts.

All four corners are adjustable on the IS,it could be when the bearings were done something was disturbed,but the best thing to do is book into WIM or a garage recommended on their site (there's a few threads about) and get it sorted properly,as a normal tracking mainly deals with the fronts.

Thank you trackerman, good advice I will get it looked at by my local garage who suggested that "it may have 4 wheel tracking" they do have the facility to do it and will prevent premature tyre wear in the future.

thank you

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links