Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Le Modded

bigsteve200

hi all

been a member a while but wanted to get my is200 looking how i wanted it before posting up,this is my second is200, i have a 2003 lexus is200 LE with 39k miles, full service history,hid head lights, heated leather in kodiak metalic.....

ive owned it about 6 months and got it completly standard...

mods so far

daiyama coilovers

gtr 18" rims

carbon strut brace

cobra cat back exhaust

K&N panel filter

vis front splitter

custom trd skirts

trd rear splitter

impreza spoiler modified to fit

altezza trd light covers

jdm grill

de-badged

number plate recess holes smoothed

red ultra light lug nuts

number plate

blue smd dash bulbs

trd dress up parts

hope you all like :winky:

Love the overall look you have achieved with the car!

What makes the TRD skirts custom though? (not questioning you, just curious)

And I think that modded Scooby spoiler is fantastic, looks a million times better than the Altezza spoiler!

Love the overall look you have achieved with the car!

What makes the TRD skirts custom though? (not questioning you, just curious)

And I think that modded Scooby spoiler is fantastic, looks a million times better than the Altezza spoiler!

thanks, the skirts have had the "curve" taken out and been flared slightly so they follow the lines of the front/rear splitter

Also, what model of Imprezza did the spoiler come off? I've only ever seen either the big hooped ones or the boot spoilers on them

a 1999 subaru impreza sport turbo model, had it slighty widend and flared then rear brake light smoothed off ;)

Also, what model of Imprezza did the spoiler come off? I've only ever seen either the big hooped ones or the boot spoilers on them

a 1999 subaru impreza sport turbo model, had it slighty widend and flared then rear brake light smoothed off ;)

Nice, I'm impressed with the creativity that's gone into the car. You wont see another one like that in a hurry B)

Nice, I'm impressed with the creativity that's gone into the car. You wont see another one like that in a hurry B)

thank you ^_^ after owning my first is200 s model for 2 years i wanted my second to be special so chose a LE edition then started thinking how i could make it unique but still have a factory finish feel to it........took a while to get there but with some good planning and hard work im very happy with the results

Well it's certainly paid off, I'm seriously tempted to have a go at the Imprezza spoiler mod. But I've already got the sports boot spoiler so maybe something for the future.

Don't suppose you know how much you're lowered by do you? I've got coilovers arriving for my car next week and the ride height you've got is exactly what I'm aiming for.

im not sure sorry, i have daiyama coilovers and they are only about half way down! i did the stupid thing of fitting them and sitting it as low as possible...looked great but scraped on everything and i couldnt get full lock anymore, now even with the kit it doesnt scrub at all and as long as i go steady i dont have to many issues with speed bumps

Nice ! i had my IS200 for nearly a year and not done much work as you or finished yet, not keen on big boot spoiler but hey each to their own ! as i like spoilerless looks exception of a TTE style lip spoiler off eBay taiwan. Are those custom TRD side skirts from original ones & did you have trouble with front number plate ? i know the police are coming down hard on people with those + i dont want to get front bumper redone as it leaves 2 holes where the plate holder is ! Also anything done to engine ? good work !

what grille was on before the JDM one? if it was the LE one do you still have it?

Car looks very good, never been a fan of the rear light covers but really like the rest

yeah had the LE grill on before and still have it but one bracket is cracked, thanks i went for the rear lights as im not a fan of the standard lights and considerd 80/20 splits but prefer the jdm look over the stateside look but i guess its each to there own ;)

Nice ! i had my IS200 for nearly a year and not done much work as you or finished yet, not keen on big boot spoiler but hey each to their own ! as i like spoilerless looks exception of a TTE style lip spoiler off ebay taiwan. Are those custom TRD side skirts from original ones & did you have trouble with front number plate ? i know the police are coming down hard on people with those + i dont want to get front bumper redone as it leaves 2 holes where the plate holder is ! Also anything done to engine ? good work !

thanks, its far from finished, only just getting started :lol: i had a audi lip spoiler on my last is200 so wanted this one to be completly unique so decided to do something ive never seen before with the subaru spoiler, i also considered a duck tale from a BMW but decided against as was going to be very dificult :blink: they are custom skirts from original with alot of work gone into them, not had any bother yet about the plates,the holes have been smoothed over so looks all clean and tidy...engine is standard apart from K&N panel filter, TRD radiator cap, radiator cooling panel.....going to supercharge it hopefully in about 6 months...need to save up again :P

The supercharger sounds good something i wanted to do but TTE dont do them as it appears but TDi-plc does a rotrex one last i read it costs something silly like £3k + atleast if not more ! more than when TTE was selling new ones ! so think that idea gone out the window !

what grille was on before the JDM one? if it was the LE one do you still have it?

Car looks very good, never been a fan of the rear light covers but really like the rest

yeah had the LE grill on before and still have it but one bracket is cracked, thanks i went for the rear lights as im not a fan of the standard lights and considerd 80/20 splits but prefer the jdm look over the stateside look but i guess its each to there own ;)

might the LE grille be for sale at all? ;)

might the LE grille be for sale at all? ;)

pm me mate and i will send you pics of grill and bracket damage ;)

The supercharger sounds good something i wanted to do but TTE dont do them as it appears but TDi-plc does a rotrex one last i read it costs something silly like £3k + atleast if not more ! more than when TTE was selling new ones ! so think that idea gone out the window !

TTE Rotrex charger is just over £5k complete conversion

Interesting as "TTE" doesn't exist anymore. :unsure:

Name changed from "TTE" to "Toyota-F1" several years ago and the whole lot was disbanded about the time Toyota left F1. :sad:

Their premises etc in Koln are still in use but now as "Toyota motorsport" :driving:

TG

Name changed from "TTE" to "Toyota-F1" several years ago and the whole lot was disbanded about the time Toyota left F1. :sad:

Their premises etc in Koln are still in use but now as "Toyota motorsport" :driving:

TG

Seeing that alot IS200 isnt even worth £5k or cost about £6k say for a 54/05 reg low mileage one, cant really justifying spending £5k just on performance itself!!sure you notice better performance but you never get that back if you sell car straight away or 1, 2 yrs time lol

TG

Does it make a difference?

It still can be bought

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links