Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Quick Questions (Ls400 Mk Iii Dhp)

Hi Guys

Its been a while since Ive been on a both my parents have been Ill and time hasn't allowed to much of a gap for anything online.

Saying that the Lexus was pressed in to service, and since buying it this time last year I've clocked up 17,000mls!!!

I have just 2 quick questions:

1) Yesterday I had the front brake pads replaced as the 'brake wear' light came on. I didn't drive the car any more than 1 miles after the light came on. Drove it slowly and on the gearbox for braking in case I did any damage to discs / sensors etc. After the pads were fitted the guy in the garage couldn;t get the 'brake wear' warning to go out. He had the car on the computer but no joy. It wasn;t a lexus garage. Any ideas?

2) Also my came came with every piece of paperwork exept and owners manual. Where is the fuse box on the car? The cigar lighter in the front has stopped working so I can't charge my phone. Thought I'd check out the fuses before anything else.

Cheers

Alan

Hi alan

1)Its not a case of resetting the light here - you either have to replace the sensor which costs around £50 each from a lexus dealer here or you can buy them from US slightly cheaper - if you dont want to spend that much you can just disconnect and remove the original sensor, cut the and join the 2 wires to complete the circuit - the light will then go off however it does mean you will have to manually check the condition of your brake pads.

2)The fuses are located in the drivers footwell

HTH

regards

miq

Hi Alan,

with regard to the Brake Wear light being on, it is more than likely that one of the wires that comes off the pad had broken. This is a very common fault. Check them very carefully and if you find a broken one then you can just re-solder it back together.

This happened to me about a year ago and I have had no problems since.

There is only one sensor on the front so don't go looking for wires on both sides of the car, I can't remember which side it is on though.

I hope this helps.

Steve.

The fuse should be number 5, 15 Amps. look under the dash on the driver's side footwell and remove the screws holding the trim panel, it also has a clip onto the steering colunm, look up and you will see the fuse box, remove the cover to access the fuses ( fuse locations are marked on the inside of the cover).

Before replacing make sure nothing has fallen into the cigar lighter socket like a 5p piece.

I too had a non working lighter in the front, and on further investigation it was just where the plug on the back of the lighter was loose, popped it back on and all ok now.

On another thread somewhere someone mentioned a little fuse on the lighter itself which bridges a little fibre washer, you will see what they mean when you have a look. I will try and dig out the thread.

The brake sensor works with 'normally closed' circuit if your warning light has come on then you have worn through the end at the brake disc and sensor requires renewal. As M.IQBAL has mentioned above you can cut both wires just behind sensor head and join, this in effect gives you a closed circuit again and will extinguish the warning light but will not warn you of pad wear in future.

I fitted a good condition second hand one from a car last week to my rear pads and it is now working fine.

There may be a chance the same guy has the front one still available... he charged me £10 delivered .. his Email is

www.emmottsofcolne.com

regards, rangermastiffs.