Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross Rear Lights

Looked at the BaHamut site but couldnt find out how to remove. Does anyone know if the rear light cluster on a sportcross is easy to remove, i have a very slight crack in my OSR light and it's now full of water. Lexus want £95! I was hoping to take it off and dry it inside and then running some super glue over the crack? Anyone had asimilar problem..Thanks in anticipation.

Ed

same as the normal is200, open boot pop off covers found near lights and remove screws, pull back carpet and unclip the white plastic joiner. remove cluster taking care to unplug cables. Not sure that will give you access to the internals though you may need to cook them to allow separation.

same as the normal is200, open boot pop off covers found near lights and remove screws, pull back carpet and unclip the white plastic joiner. remove cluster taking care to unplug cables. Not sure that will give you access to the internals though you may need to cook them to allow separation.

Hi Ed

my 300 Sportcross OSR lamp also let water in but no crack on mine just a dodgy seal onto the bodyshell, all the roof and windscreen water runs down the pillars against the rear lights. You need to remove the rubber seal around the door, the black panel on the lip (with the tie down points)bend the internal trims in to allow you to see the back of the lamp unit, held in by 3X 10 mm nuts to the body shell. The difficulty then is how to remove the lens and then get the dampness out, mine spent several nights in the airing cupboard before being dry. To be honest if Lexus had quoted me £95 I would not have done it myself but touch wood I do seem to have cured my problem with a mastic bead where the two parts meed (for some reason it has a sponge gasket which surley absorbs water !)

Good luck Tony

PS is that quote to replace the whole lamp as the lens is bonded on?

Hi Ed

my 300 Sportcross OSR lamp also let water in but no crack on mine just a dodgy seal onto the bodyshell, all the roof and windscreen water runs down the pillars against the rear lights. You need to remove the rubber seal around the door, the black panel on the lip (with the tie down points)bend the internal trims in to allow you to see the back of the lamp unit, held in by 3X 10 mm nuts to the body shell. The difficulty then is how to remove the lens and then get the dampness out, mine spent several nights in the airing cupboard before being dry. To be honest if Lexus had quoted me £95 I would not have done it myself but touch wood I do seem to have cured my problem with a mastic bead where the two parts meed (for some reason it has a sponge gasket which surley absorbs water !)

Good luck Tony

PS is that quote to replace the whole lamp as the lens is bonded on?

I am presuming so, this is the quite i got from Lexus Birmingham fron their eBay site. I will give your solution a go first, nothing ventured etc. i just presumed it was as a result of a parking error! i had a small crease on the rear quarter and the corner of the bumper had a smart repair. Don't know if it just my bad luck but i find this car difficult to judge parking etc. My last car was a CRV, much more straightforward if not as much fun! Thanks a lot guys.

Ed

Dear silversalmon2000,

The price will be £95 inc vat and postage (in uk). We would have to order thepart in and also would your chassis or reg number as there are three differenttints( colour of lens) for that vehicle (is300sportcross)

Thanks

Chris

- lexusbirm