Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 2002 3 Button Master Key Programming

hi all

IS200 2002

i bought a new 3 button master key from the main dealer (bought the car without a key), yep it did cost a me :msn-cry: had a auto-locksmith programme it. he changed a chip in the ECU and programmed the key (dont ask me which chip :unsure: ). the car now starts. i'm having a bit of trouble programming the master key to operate the remote locking/unlocking. i tried the procedure about three times but it doesnt seem to be having it. am i doing something wrong or could there be another problem or another way?

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

I would take it back to the auto locksmith and demand he sort it out to be honest. Surely programming the key for remote locking is half of the job!

When I needed a new key I found about 3 different methods of programming the remote, probably the same ones you have found that suggest you press the accelerator pedal three times, lock the door five times, touch your nose, stand on one leg and turn around on the spot while you honk the horn. That sort of thing. That was on a 2005 IS300 and as you may gather I couldn't get it to work.

In the end I took it to a Lexus dealer and they charged me £50 to program the key and did a free valet of my car and a visual mechanical inspection while they had it.

thanks for your reply Paulos

i was just to get the car started that i didnt pay much attention to the locksmith when he was telling me that he couldnt programme the key and it could be because that Battery was flat (we had to put the booster on for the extra power). i probably should have insisted that he complete the programming, but hey, whats done is done and he probably walked off with a grin on his face at earning himself an easy buck!

i guess its now down to me to finish the task. yes there do seem to be a couple of different ways to prgramme the key. and i must admit, i have not tried them all yet. my main concern i guess is that, did the locksmith do anything wrong with the ECU that i cant now programme the key, or is it the case that since the car starts (and therefore the key is now recognised), i should be able to programme the key with one or the other programmimg methods. also, since the locksmith changed a 'chip' in the ECU, i would just like to confirm whether that is the normal method.

many thanks

• 5 weeks later...

just thought i'd give the results for the benefit of anyone else that may be having programming problems.

key now programmed and locking/unlocking of the doors from the remote.

however, unable to unlock boot from the key remote, is there a seperate programming method for the boot?

thanks

just thought i'd give the results for the benefit of anyone else that may be having programming problems.

key now programmed and locking/unlocking of the doors from the remote.

however, unable to unlock boot from the key remote, is there a seperate programming method for the boot?

thanks

I'm having the same problems at the moment. Got the guy to cut the key and program the ECU for £220.00, runs like a dream. I now need to pay extra to have one with three buttons :tsktsk:

why didnt you go for the 3 button key in the first place? i probably wouldnt go to the dealer if you want the 3 button key... will cost you £150 and 29 PENCE!!! there are some other threads here about how to pick up a key on e-hay ;) and programme it. sorry i cant point you to the exact thread but do have a look, you'll probably save a bundle.

by the way, the boot release now working....no one told me i had to press the button harder :P

Hi all.

Now this may sound silly but to open the boot from the key i have to press and hold the button for the boot to release for at least 2 seconds.

That maybe your problem XK.

Glad you sorted it anyway.

Terry.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

I want to program a new key/remote for my IS200.

I follow all the procedures accordingly and I successfully program the key, but now I'm having problem programming the remote. The car enter the programming mode (since the door lock cycle (lock, unlock) by themselves after performing step 1 - 7), but when I press the Press and hold Lock and Unlock (step 8) and press the Lock button (step 9) on the remote it doesn't cycle by themselves not even twice to tell that it failed.

http://my.is/forums/f53/01-05-lexus-is300-key-remote-program-instructions-407990/

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links