Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010 Is220D Boot Won't Open

Hi, I just recently got my first Lexus, a 2010 IS220d. The boot had been opening ok previously, using the button on the boot lid, the key fob, and the internal button.

I put some stuff in the boot a few days ago, and when I went to get it out later that day I couldn't get the boot open using any of the above methods. There is no clicking sound or any sign that the boot is attempting to open electronically. I had to open it manually using the key. I have tried the electronic buttons again several times, but nothing is happening. All other door locks and windows are operating ok electronically.

The only thing that I can think of is that I had locked and unlocked the glove compartment after putting the stuff in the boot. Could this have had any affect? Or is there some other method of disabling and enabling the electronic lock?

open glove box wee button in to right corner de activates the boot button but i think that only turns off the button on the boot lid!

Hi, I just recently got my first Lexus, a 2010 IS220d. The boot had been opening ok previously, using the button on the boot lid, the key fob, and the internal button.

I put some stuff in the boot a few days ago, and when I went to get it out later that day I couldn't get the boot open using any of the above methods. There is no clicking sound or any sign that the boot is attempting to open electronically. I had to open it manually using the key. I have tried the electronic buttons again several times, but nothing is happening. All other door locks and windows are operating ok electronically.

The only thing that I can think of is that I had locked and unlocked the glove compartment after putting the stuff in the boot. Could this have had any affect? Or is there some other method of disabling and enabling the electronic lock?

Also note that boot button should be pressed for a few seconds (I had exactly the same problem before).

You also have boot opening button in the car and by pressing that you should be able to discover if your problem is general or just for remote.

D'oh! I must have accidentally pressed the disable button inside the glove compartment. I have enabled it again and I can open the boot again using my remote, boot button, and internal boot opening button. Thanks shjh01!

On reading up more about this button in the owner's manual, I see that it is a useful anti-theft device, to prevent someone smashing the driver's window and opening the boot using the internal boot opening button.

open glove box wee button in to right corner de activates the boot button but i think that only turns off the button on the boot lid!

• 3 years later...

Thanks, this worked a treet for me, the missus had pressed it without my knowing.

• 7 months later...
On 21/09/2011 at 3:24 AM, shjh01 said:

Just wanted to say HUGE THANKS for this tip. The boot suddenly stopped opening on my Lexus IS 250SE (2005 model) whenever I tried with the internal button on lower dash, or the button on the boot lid, or the key fob button. Only way i could open it was by using the mechanical key as in the key fob. I was about to take it into a local garage here in Spain when I decided to firstly search Google and found this thread. I'm sooooo glad I did as I suspect the local garge (not having much experienec in dealing with Lexuses) may have spent bloody ages himself trying to resolve this one! I completely forgot that button was in the glove box, and it must have got accidentally pressed as since I pressed it again the electronic boot release operates perfectly again. I love my Lexus :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...

hi All

same issue here, but in my case the button in glove box is not resolving issue - I can her relays "clicking" when pressing button on the fob or internal button , but I can only open it using the key :-/

any advice?

(I'm new to this group as I bought my first Lexus only 2 weeks ago :-)  )

• 4 years later...

I know this is now a really old thread BUT - just wanted to add my thanks.  Totally confused as to why neither the dash button, not the rear boot button, not the remote, would open the boot of my 2007 IS220D - which had food in the boot (I'd just been shopping), and it's hot here right now !.  So was fearing all kinds of nastiness in there within a few days.  Had no idea about the little button in the glove box, and would never have found it, if not for this thread.  So - once again - THANK YOU !!.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2015 at 7:15 PM, keith0509 said:

Thanks, this worked a treet for me, the missus had pressed it without my knowing.

Hi all

this button removes the ability to use remote locking as well as manual locking by pressing the button to the right of steering wheel.

It is just located on the inside of the glove box, towards the outside on the right hand side.  When enabled, remote and manual locking works.  There is also a service key hole to the left of  number plate, hard to spot but it’s there.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/21/2011 at 2:24 AM, shjh01 said:

I had the same issue. Trying to close roof got the message "TURN TRUNK ID OPENER MAIN SWITCHON" button in glove box sorted it. Thank you for this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links