Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Front And Rear Brake Disks + All Round Brake Pads

grandb3rry

Hi chaps! Hope everyone is doing great. (and enjoying the last rays of English sunshine before autumn & winter kicks in)

I have a question as the heading suggests, I bought OEM Front and rear brake disks and all round brake pads. Would I be able to fit this myself or is it something that a professinal better do?

Many thanks for your kind help!

Arthur

Front will be handy enough.

Rmove caliper and caliper housing

Disc should come off with a good pull or thread an m8 bolt into small hole (this will work like a set of pullers)

Remove disc and clean and replace with new

For pads just take cap off brake fluid reservoir and push piston back using a g clamp

For the rear would be similar.

Think rear has shoes so you will need release handbrake and maybe adjust a little to remove brake discs.

Again clean and blow inside when disc removed

Then fit new disc and adjust handbrake cable until u can turn disc freely

To replace pads it is either the same as front or pistons maybe be twist ones clockwise on both sides

Twist back until you can refit caliper.

Hope you understand this terminology ok

Hope it also helps

Complete job should take bout 2hours

Hi chaps! Hope everyone is doing great. (and enjoying the last rays of English sunshine before autumn & winter kicks in)

I have a question as the heading suggests, I bought OEM Front and rear brake disks and all round brake pads. Would I be able to fit this myself or is it something that a professinal better do?

Many thanks for your kind help!

Arthur

Fronts are easy, but the rears may be more troublesome. Here's a guide for you:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/439574-is250-rear-brake-replacement-great-diy-with-lots-of-pics.html