Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handbrake Light Staying On

jonnyk

Well lads the handbrake light on my 2000 is 200 is staying on!Anyone experienced this before?would it be the handbrake light switch sticking or something more serious?Any help would be greatly received!

Well lads the handbrake light on my 2000 is 200 is staying on!Anyone experienced this before?would it be the handbrake light switch sticking or something more serious?Any help would be greatly received!

Hi as suggested by Rich OB it is very likely to be your third brake light(that is the one in between the speakers at the back)

Hi as suggested by Rich OB it is very likely to be your third brake light(that is the one in between the speakers at the back)

i'm LED to believe its one of the main brake lights not the centre one, either bulb blown or even just loose

hello, i have that exact same problem and its my third light that sits on the parcel shelf, any idea how to get that light out easily or do you have to take all the seats out so the parcel shelf slides out with it.

No worries. I thought that the first time mine went, looks a lot more complicated than it actually is. Just be careful and don't force anything and it should take you all of 10 minutes.

• 8 years later...

all my rear lights work perfectly, inculding the parcel shelf brake light. Brake fluid is fine but the handbrake light is still illuminated. 
B

about 1 month ago the light came on whilst driving and it was down to the parcel shelf bulb blowing but i replaced it and the light in the dash went off again. 

but everything to check as you guys said above is fine and the lights back on. When i turn the car off and on again the light goes off.