Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod/iphone Link By Vaistech Soundlinq2 Sl2I-Up

GB.GJD

I trawled the forum to find how other members had connected iphones/ipods and found a reference to the above device. Has anyone fitted one? If so please let me know if you are pleased with it and how easy it was to fit or if you have something beter.

Many thanks

Gareth

Might also want to consider a Parrot if you use bluetooth as they have ipod/iphone input plus usb

Hi thank you for your response I started to reseaRCH parrot systems and found this advice on one website :

The Kit itself (parrot mki 9200)as a built in 4 x 20 watt amplifier, the kit takes over the speaker system in the car as it does with the phone call, for all the audio functions. Now this is why people with Harman Kardon or Bose are going to have a problem.

Modern HK or Bose uses MOST (Media Orientated Systems Transport) or Fibre Optic to you and me. This is why your problem exists, you can't put a high powered amplified signal into a power amplifier. At least not without causing damage. The only way you will be able to use the Ipod/Memory card ports is change the output from the MKi9200 into a Pre-amp MOST signal.

Now there is an interface just become available that allows you to connect the kit via the Fibre Optic MOST system, thus giving a clean amplified signal to the speakers. The interface converts the Line out pre-amp stage of the Parrot kit into a MOST signal.

Right just so we are on the same page, this interface is NOT cheap, it will cost you somewhere between £220 to £250 to buy retail.

a

any idea how this advice relates to the Mark Levinson system in the sc430. Any advice appreciated

Gareth

I had it done at Safe N Sound in Croydon (I totally recommend them), total cost was £270. Needed Dension retention kit (£43.47) Dension Gateway 100 (£95.64) iPOd Lead (£26.08) and they charged £57.50 to install (very good value I thought). Works brilliantly, CD still works perfectly, Dension shows up as MD in the display. You don't get much feedback on the display, but I had the iPod lead installed into the bottom part of the centre console and I control the selection from there. Then you can control up/down songs from the steering wheel as you would anything else. To be honest it's not as good as a fully integrated display, but the Lexus head doesn't seem to support that. Sound quality is as good as the CD, so no worries there. Good Luck...Paul.

I had it done at Safe N Sound in Croydon (I totally recommend them), total cost was £270. Needed Dension retention kit (£43.47) Dension Gateway 100 (£95.64) iPOd Lead (£26.08) and they charged £57.50 to install (very good value I thought). Works brilliantly, CD still works perfectly, Dension shows up as MD in the display. You don't get much feedback on the display, but I had the iPod lead installed into the bottom part of the centre console and I control the selection from there. Then you can control up/down songs from the steering wheel as you would anything else. To be honest it's not as good as a fully integrated display, but the Lexus head doesn't seem to support that. Sound quality is as good as the CD, so no worries there. Good Luck...Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the detailed information, you got a great deal, I contacted safe n sound today to get mine done.

Regards Gareth

The only Vais that will work with a 2001 SC430 is the SLU. This gives you two aux ports on the head unit, but you will only have steering wheel volume control. I have one installed with a Navvideo video interface. This set up allows me to have a rear view camera and freeview tv tuner with the feed to the satnav screen. I also feed an iPod directly through the stock stereo. The rear view camera is automatically selected when you go into reverse. I have a toggle switch in the armrest to switch to visor two which is the tv tuner.

From my research this is about as good as you can get with the stock system. Some guys have replaced the head unit with double din aftermarket units which gives you all the functionality you want. However, if like me, you prefer the stock look and feel of the sc430, the options are limited. It's very easy to spend a bunch of notes on solutions that 'might' work. If you take a conservative stance, you will not be disappointed....enjoy the car for what it is!!

Zeroallan

• 2 years later...

HI i have been following this thread with interest , i have just fitted a vais sl3i to my Ls430 2002 model with fantastic results , it took me 2hours ,being very careful how to remove radio etc .

i now have access to 7000 songs through my ipod with clear Mark Levison quality.

If i can offer advice to anyone thinking of doing the same please dont hesitate to ask

regards keith

youll never be late with a v8

hi Richard

i found this guy very helpful

Eugene Kaspin
VAIS Technology
phone: 720-733-2348
e-mail: info@vaistech.com

he gave me a sale price on the product i used ( sl3i ) **

**the postage was expensive so i posted to a friend in the usa and the forwarded it to me

on their main site there is a product compatibility list for most lexus, this will give you some incite to the unit you will need. my unit cons the standard headunit into thinking its playing a mini disk, but its actually my ipod, with artist and tack info shown on the touch screen system all of the steering wheel and touch screen controls still work

hope this is of help

you'll never be late with a V8

kind regards Keith

hi Richard

i had no probs dealing with the guy i posted to you , maybe you could use him to find out exactly what unit you require and then search on line eBay etc

you'll never be late with a v8

kind regards

Keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links