Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE Compressor

SuperChargedL

yes you can, after reading thru the instructions, it appears very straight forward to fit the supercharger, there are a few wires to go into the ECU and you modify the engine splash guard but there isnt much in the process.

robbie.

Does the kit come with easy step-by-step instructions ?

How much does the kit itself cost without installation ? And with installation ?

Does it come complete with all the parts necessary ?

Is it cheapest to order directly from TTE?

//Does anyone know?

where are you located george,

the kit has very good instalation plaans,and the kit is very simple to install,the hardest bit is removeing the front bumper

i can get them from the german dealers no problem,speak to me in U2U,i can possibly come up with something

mat

Does the kit come with easy step-by-step instructions ?

Yes, I got a word .doc instructions how to install the kit. Good instructions, step by step.

How much does the kit itself cost without installation ?

TTE price is 5.394,64 euros + VAT 16%

And with installation ?

They will fit the kit it at TTE, Köln, Germany for 6595.66 euros (incl Kit, Installation & VAT 16%)

Does it come complete with all the parts necessary ?

Yes.

Is it cheapest to order directly from TTE?

Yes, but they do not sell the kit (normally) directly to end users. You need to order the kit via your local toyota/lexus (I am not 100% sure of this in other countries, but this is the case in Finland).

Hi SuperchargedIS200, I did have a cusco front strut bar before conversion to the Compressor kit. It was scrapping the stock air-box and it made a mark. In your case now, does it scrap to mke a mark on the TTE airbox or did you modify the bar.

if it makes a mark,i wouldnt think you could see it........its only just touching it........i did however have to modify the bar to fit over the inlet from the intercooler to the engine

Initially with the cusco strut bar on the stock airbox is a mark but later it become worst as it is rubbing the stock box giving some noise. What sort of modification do you require in your case. Do you need to file the bar.

hi,i live inthe uk,i wondering how much is it to get a compresor fitted inc fitting and the compressor itself. What mpg would i get after i insatlled it,and what performance i am i looking at top speed,0 60 etc. Will the gear ratios need to be changed, and also IS IT WORTH IT!

Thanks

hi,i live inthe uk,i wondering how much is it to get a compresor fitted inc fitting and the compressor itself. What mpg would i get after i insatlled it,and what performance i am i looking at top speed,0 60 etc. Will the gear ratios need to be changed, and also IS IT WORTH IT!

Thanks [/quote

HI, and welcome to the club!

You have 2 options , visit TDI www.tdi-plc.com, get them to install the kit or buy it and install it your self or take a trip to cologne and get TTE to do the kit. - it isnt hard if you have some mechanical skills., for fuel consuption you will get around 3% - 5% increase in fuel consumption so not noticable really, but after getting the compressor you should use 98 RON fuel, your top speed will remain the same as that is dependant on your gearing( this doesnt need to be changed) as for performance, supercharged morph is getting sub 6 seconds 0-60 (5.97secs)

is it worth it??? only you can decide that!

do a search on the site and you can see the previous debates into this

cheers robbie.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new here and have an 01 IS200 Manual. Am considering the TTE kit but has anyone got power figures after fitting one? I've read that AVO Japan do a turbo kit which gives near 220bhp. But it involves a lot of messing about which is why I like the idea of the TTE kit.

Does the TTE software change the rev-limit and remove the speed limiter?

actually AVO is from Australia, but they do have a branch in Japan if that's what you mean.

My kit is in 2 stages.

stage 1:

intercooler

garett t28 turbo

Link ECU

manifold

dump pipe

all relevant piping

5-6psi

*this produces 128kw at the rear wheels for an auto IS200. Torque is 985.9Nm

Stage 2:

fuel pump