Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 To 2 Way Connector / Crimp

I have one 5amp rated red cable and need the cable to branch out to 2 seperate cables. I dont want to just solder it and cover it with insulation tape as it looks untidy. I'm looking for some kind of connector/crimp that can allow this 1 to 2. i've looked on eBay and maplin and cannot seem to find anything. anyone have any ideas?

The neatest, most secure and reliable way is to Cut, slide heatshrink tubing on, bare the copper and join your second wire on. Slide the heatshrink back and seal.

white%20red%206.jpg

OR

You could cut the cable, use bullet connector plugs and get a four way receiver:

4WAY_CONNECTOR.jpg

OR

Use push connectors:

42260995.jpg

You can get these from CPC. HERE They are only 18p each and support up to 24A

OR

Use a twist on wire connector like these:

CN11475-40.jpg

Again from CPC, HERE this is the 8.6mm version so just get smaller if you need to

There is much debate over soldering wires within cars when joining rather than just "bare jointing". Because of the mechanical movement of the vehicle the wires can become brittle at the point where the solder is. Jointed wires aren't soldered in am aircraft for this reason. I've done both and not had a problem but I can see the reasoning.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links