Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Camber Kit '06-12

Speedster 7

I have just ordered the brand new SPC Alignment.Con (USA) camber kit that has just come out specifically for the 2006-2012 Lexus is250. No more need to use the kit for the older is300. Ordered from IPA (?) web site for $185 here in the USA. No more tapet worries.

I'd like to know if there's any difference, apart from the part number, as the 67530 part has been doing a perfectly adequate job on my 250 for the last five years. Perhaps the new design can be made easier or cheaper by SPC.

I'd like to know if there's any difference, apart from the part number, as the 67530 part has been doing a perfectly adequate job on my 250 for the last five years. Perhaps the new design can be made easier or cheaper by SPC.

I must have missed a previous thread on this, but what does this do over and above the standard adjustment, is it not sufficient?

I must have missed a previous thread on this, but what does this do over and above the standard adjustment, is it not sufficient?

There is no camber adjustment on a stock alignment so you run a -1.0 deg of neg. camber all the time and that eats up the inner treads of the front tires. This kit allows you to do a +/- 1.5 deg adjustment for extended wear. 0 deg. is what you would want with a total combined toe-in of 0.5 degs..

If the car is lowered at the front by more than 30mm, as mine was (is), then the camber requires adjustment to bring it back to Lexus specified tolerances. The 250/220 doesn't have camber adjustment at all (only toe) as standard,which is why non OEM adjusters are required. They are not required if the car is only dropped 30mm or less as the camber will remain within the allowed camber tolerance specified by Lexus (the EiBach lowering springs sold within Europe for the 250/220 only lower the car by 30mm all round.

The part number you have is #67525 and was designed for the 00-05 is300. It does fit the 06-11 is 250/350 but the taper is not correct at the spindle and the a-arm ridge needed to be ground to permit the sliding action. . The SPC # 65730 is a brand new part and number which just came out last week, their site just posted it last week too. Go to SPC alignment.com. They charge $180 (US) each + shipping but you can get them both for $180(US) + free shipping in the US from IPA.com ( or something like that).

If the car is lowered at the front by more than 30mm, as mine was (is), then the camber requires adjustment to bring it back to Lexus specified tolerances. The 250/220 doesn't have camber adjustment at all (only toe) as standard,which is why non OEM adjusters are required. They are not required if the car is only dropped 30mm or less as the camber will remain within the allowed camber tolerance specified by Lexus (the EiBach lowering springs sold within Europe for the 250/220 only lower the car by 30mm all round.

You still want to have you camber as a close to 0 degs. as possible, unless you need the neg. camber for high speed cornering which most people don't need. Your toe-in should be as close to a combined -0.5 deg. for best tire wear.

I would like to know what alignment specs. you use with your kit so I have an idea as to how to set mine up. Has your tire wear been acceptable? Thanks, Speedster 7

I would like to know what alignment specs. you use with your kit so I have an idea as to how to set mine up. Has your tire wear been acceptable? Thanks, Speedster 7

This may or not be helpful to you as my IS250 had non OEM 19" wheels that were wider than standard and with different offsets to accomodate the extra width. Rims 19" x 8.5" Front with +38mm offsets, and 19" x 9.5" Rears with +42mm offsets.

With that set up and the geometry settings by WIM I had completely even and neglible tyre wear on all four Toyo TR-1's. The chassis was very good as WIM used my IS250 as a test car and gave it six monthly checks. After the camber adjusters were fitted the geometry did not require any re-adjustment over the following 3 years, when I then sold the car to another member, 'Cous3'. When I sold the car I also gave the new owner the geometry read-outs, so I do not have copies. However, WIM have them on file.

All I can tell you is they were within the OEM tolerances set by Lexus, unlike the IS200/300 that required correction outside of the OEM settings to stop excessive inner tyre wear. The OEM settings and tolerances are:-

IS250 geometry.pdf

• 3 years later...

Old thread coming back to life....

I have had the US spec Eibach Pro Lowering Springs on my 07 250 for a good few months now... I've seen no change in tyre wear. Just wondering what other things I should be looking out for? I'm thinking of getting the SPC Camber kit but trying to find the benefits....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links