Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tit!

dj0nes

Driving home today in lazy Sunday mode just plodding along doing under the speed limit... look in my mirror and there is a car caning it up the road making ground up behind me at a stupidly fast rate, must have been going about 50/60 baring in mind it's a 30 zone.

Sits on my arse till we come up to a roundabout where the single lane branches off into two, obviously he goes into the other lane in order to get ahead of me so is now next to me. Him and his hood rat mate look me and my car up and down, his mate shouts a comment about me running Mazda wheels on a Lexus - I could just make it out over his 'mahoosive chunes', he dumps the clutch wheels screeching flooring it round the roundabout, from what I can only describe as attempted drift... car regains traction and fish tails him into the kerbing surrounding the roundabout.

Now I don't normally revel in others misfortune as I believe in what comes around goes around.. but I don't go around driving like a tit so I can't see that happening! So I did have a little chuckle as I drove by.

Anyone else witness any show offs on the road get their comeuppance?

Driving home today in lazy Sunday mode just plodding along doing under the speed limit... look in my mirror and there is a car caning it up the road making ground up behind me at a stupidly fast rate, must have been going about 50/60 baring in mind it's a 30 zone.

Sits on my arse till we come up to a roundabout where the single lane branches off into two, obviously he goes into the other lane in order to get ahead of me so is now next to me. Him and his hood rat mate look me and my car up and down, his mate shouts a comment about me running Mazda wheels on a Lexus - I could just make it out over his 'mahoosive chunes', he dumps the clutch wheels screeching flooring it round the roundabout, from what I can only describe as attempted drift... car regains traction and fish tails him into the kerbing surrounding the roundabout.

Now I don't normally revel in others misfortune as I believe in what comes around goes around.. but I don't go around driving like a tit so I can't see that happening! So I did have a little chuckle as I drove by.

Anyone else witness any show offs on the road get their comeuppance?

I think we all feel that way to some extent. I was going to work the other day when a guy in a very hot BMW raced with a motorcycle. The speed limit was 50 dropping down to 30 and they must have been doing 100+ This was at a time when kids were going to school. Of course they got away with it whereas my wife who takes her mind off things for a split second gets a ticket for doing 36mph. It's taken me 59 years to discover life isn't always fair!

Talking of show offs, many years ago I was on the back of a mates bike (a BSA650) leaving a camp site with all our gear tied to the back. He pulled away hard showing off to some girls and all the gear fell off, they laughed their heads off, so yes, I have witnessed show offs getting their comeuppance!

Saw an almost identical event a few years ago, was waiting at a roundabout to pull out, see this impreza coming round from the right looking like its drifting, guy who obviously couldn't drive over corrected snapping the car in the opposite direction head on into the metal railings lining the roundabout.

Also made me chuckle :lol:

Saw a blinder a few years ago, at an urban roundabout. To set the scene, two lanes of traffic went onto the roundabout, but only one lane exited the other side. Traffic was heavy so there was a queue across it.

An imbecile in a Golf GTI decided he wasn't waiting like everyone else, and floored it round the inside lane of the roundabout and tried to shove in at the exit - without realising there was only one lane... he went straight into the little triangle of kerbstones and the car stopped dead... Everyone else wet themselves laughing as the black puddle from his smashed sump spread out onto the road... :hehe::hehe: :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links