Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afternoon guys

I am new so hello to all, and looks like there's a good community on here :)

I am due to get my cambelt changed, and phoned Toyota up for a cambelt kit. They don't do kits, but sell the tensioner, and belt seperate(on their own).

My question is, how many tensioners need changing whilst the mechanic is in that department?

Any help will be appreciated. Also, I didn't want to waste time purchasing kits from Autofactor only to get cheap parts, hence why I thought I'd go OEM.

Thanks in advance

Addz

Afternoon guys

I am due to get my cambelt changed, and phoned Toyota up for a cambelt kit. They don't do kits, but sell the tensioner, and belt seperate(on their own).

My question is, how many tensioners need changing whilst the mechanic is in that department?

Any help will be appreciated. Also, I didn't want to waste time purchasing kits from Autofactor only to get cheap parts, hence why I thought I'd go OEM.

Thanks in advance

Addz

There should be a tensioner and an idler in the kit. I have ordered the kit today, (Toyota original parts) Just couldn't get round the difference in price, as the engine codes are all the same.

Afternoon guys

Thanks in advance

Addz

There should be a tensioner and an idler in the kit. I have ordered the kit today, (Toyota original parts) Just couldn't get round the difference in price, as the engine codes are all the same.

Cheers dude

Local Toyota to me don't do kits, parts are seperate/individual. So I need a belt, tensioner, and an idler - is there anything more to the timing belt side of things?

Addz

Change the water pump as well whilst the timing belt is off now- easier (cheaper?) to do now rather than later because if the water pump fails later on its a timing belt off job.

I've got my belt, and tensioners.

Can someone kindly confirm the part numbers are correct for my GS300 Mk2 year 2000

Timing belt - 13568-49036

Idler Sub-Assembly - 13505-46041

Tensioner Assy - 13540-46030

Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links