Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bizarre Audio And Satnav Problem

I don't know whether there is a really simple solution to this or it's a back to the garage job, but it's driving me nuts. There are two problems, but they might be related:

(1) When I have the map on screen, soon after starting and then intermittently, the system gives a little beep and the map moves to another location (typically to the east, I think). Instead of my usual 'you are here\ triangle icon, I get what I term the gunsight icon (a circle with short lines intersecting it at the four points of the compass). The new map position makes no sense whatsoever. Pressing the 'Map' button to the top left of the display brings back the correct map view instantly.

(2) From time to time and for no obvious reason, the sound on the hi fi goes much quieter, and then after a few seconds goes back to the previous volume.

These two events I think can occur independently of each other, but more often than not the lowering of volume is followed a few seconds later by the gunsight icon problem.

I've tried playing with the sound settings, switched off the TA option, etc, but to no avail.

I have an LS430, about 2006 vintage.

Any ideas, please?

Hi if the sat nav is like in the functions on the ls 400 it seems your voice commands are set to mute & the position needs to be re callibrated . with the sat nav on press menu button then callibration then position the cross hares to where you are press enter then set direction arrow then enter. you should find the option to turn commands back on as well. mine played havoc when I went on the woolwich ferry once, Poor girl got very confused. Hope this helps Mark

Mark - Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, it doesn't solve the problem. I've also tried disconnecting the Battery in the hope that a re-boot would do the trick, but it doesn't. Time for a trip to Lexus, methinks. I wonder if sat nav counts as multimedia equipment? If not,t hen it's covered by my 5+ warranty. If not ... Oh well, the kids can do without a kidney each.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links