Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 No Power After Jump Start

japmonster

Hi, I'm new to this so don't know if there is already a post on this matter... I have a 2002 is200 auto and the Battery died, managed to jump start it and now the car starts but there is no response from the accelerator, the clocks don't work (mpg etc) and the car does not go into gear... Any suggestions to resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Only things I can think of is reversed polarity or damage to one of the management systems but not really an area that I am too familiar with.

My suggestion would be to call out your breakdown cover provider as they will probably be able to find the fault.

Thanks for the reply, I rang a few people they said it may be a fuse but I've got the AA coming down now, just got to wait and see...

Thanks

Hi,

When you get the problem sorted please let us all know what caused it.

My theory is the 80/100A main fuse blown ( happens on the LS400)

With it raining like hell i did check, looked all good. Managed to get AA down who did not make any sense at all but eventually managed to get it up and running but now engine management light and trc light are on. No need to be sarcastic mate, only asked for some advice.

The good news is that it's now running, the AA man didn't say what he'd done then?

Next step is to have the fault codes read,doesn't have to be a Lexus dealer for that any good local garage should be able to read the codes.

Once you have them post them up and we will try to help further.

It was a guy whos company work with AA, took about 2 hours to come out, i guess he couldnt be bothered as he first said it was the alternator then suddenly changed his mind when i asked about the fuses, literally had to force him to help me get the car running.. What a joke ! Will get the car diagnosed and see what it is.. Thanks for the reply.

Just put my foot down and the accelarator and the lights are gone off, engine managent and trc. Car drives just as before it all happened. Same thing happened in my vw golf. Will still get it diagnosed though

Excellent, the codes will still be stored in the ECU memory.

There have been cases of cars doing strange things like yours when the Battery is on its way out, and having to jump start it also indicates a possible duff Battery.

For what it costs assuming your Battery is not fairly new I would have it replaced especially before it gets really cold when it would probably finally give up the ghost.

It is always worth giving Lexus dealers a call as their Battery prices are competitive in price and they will also fit it for free.

Thanks guys for all your help.. I will get on the ball tomorrow and get a new Battery, saves the headache ! By the way does anyone know if the fault i had triggered anything else as now the cd player (aftermarket JVC) does not switch on, have checked everything but no luck,have been told the amp may have blown? Cheers guys :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links