Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon To Be Gs430 Owner

Tiberian

Hi All,

I am soon picking up/sealing a deal on a 2005 GS430. I think it is a 2006 model on a 2005 plate if that's possible. Its rear lights and dash are different from Pics I have seen on the web of pre 2006 models.

Before I sign the deal is there anything I should know of, any common issues etc ? Any search items I can fire in to read up on that you can think of ?

Thanks all and fingers crossed it is not a lemon :)

Tibs

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Lexus sales must be on the up this week.

Main things to look for are a full preferably Lexus service history, minimal owners and a decent warranty if not buying private.

The wheels can be a problem on all Lexus models in that they corrode so check them out, some have been replaced under warranty or refurbished.

Listen for any knocks or clonks on uneven roads ( you won't have any trouble finding one) which could indicate worn suspension components, they do wear as the cars are heavy on the front end.

The 430 engine is virtually bullet proof providing the servicing has been done, transmissions are normally silky smooth and trouble free.

Interiors are pretty hard wearing but check the driver's seat which always has more wear.

It may be advisable to get a HPI check just in case of a previous accident repair.

If it all checks out and you buy enjoy the Lexus experience :D

Pretty much as Steve said but you should listen for any rattles around dash, door, rear parcel shelf area. There have been a fair number of reports of these noises from owners of GS300 Series 3 and the GS430 is virtually the same car in these areas.

The GS430 is a terrific car and they are a joy to own/drive with virtually nothing to worry about.

Ok this is not funny..... Picked up the car and its absolutely awesome. Its not funny this car has been hiding from me for so long.

Busy reading the forums on various but it seems not many GS430 owners :( Looks a great community - reminds me of scoobynet some years ago :)

Cheers

Tibs

Ok this is not funny..... Picked up the car and its absolutely awesome. Its not funny this car has been hiding from me for so long.

Busy reading the forums on various but it seems not many GS430 owners :( Looks a great community - reminds me of scoobynet some years ago :)

Cheers

Tibs

Glad you are happy with your purchase. Welcome to LOC and hope you have many years of ownership.

Guys/Gals can you help me out a little Im confused.

The car is a 2005 (05)plate GS 430.

However if I look for parts for it Im sure I need the 2006 parts. The car doesnt look like the 2005 and below model. The rear light cluster is different and the front also.

Is it an early release of the 2006 > model I have so when searching parts I choose 2006 model ?

For clarification my car looks likes :

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2005-Lexus-GS-430-Pictures-c2493

It doesnt look like :

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-430/2005/

But both say 2005 ?

Thanks All

Dom

Guys/Gals can you help me out a little Im confused.

The car is a 2005 (05)plate GS 430.

However if I look for parts for it Im sure I need the 2006 parts. The car doesnt look like the 2005 and below model. The rear light cluster is different and the front also.

Is it an early release of the 2006 > model I have so when searching parts I choose 2006 model ?

For clarification my car looks likes :

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2005-Lexus-GS-430-Pictures-c2493

It doesnt look like :

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-430/2005/

But both say 2005 ?

Thanks All

Dom

Contact the previous owner to see if he changed anything. Also check with your Lexus dealer by giving chassis number and he can tell from parts system. I'm assuming it hasn't been crashed and rebuilt?

Afterthought......did you buy from Lexus dealer?

It is a 3rd gen model that you have, which as far as I know began in 2005 so you there shouldn't be any reason why there is anything iffy with yours. the model code is UZS190 for the 3rd gen, whereas it was UZS160 for the 2nd gen.

It is a 3rd gen model that you have, which as far as I know began in 2005 so you there shouldn't be any reason why there is anything iffy with yours. the model code is UZS190 for the 3rd gen, whereas it was UZS160 for the 2nd gen.

Thanks All - Yes it was bought as an Approved used Lexus so must be 3rd Gen then.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links