Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sprint Booster To Improve Turbo Lag

Hi All

I have seen a few post in the forum but nothing comprehensive enough to give me a definitive answer, but has anyone installed a sprint booster on a IS 220d, and did it improve the lag issue from 1000rpm –2200rpm which is when the turbo kicks in?

I have installed a diesel tuning box which has given the car a noticeable kick when the turbo kicks in, but it now makes the lag even more obvious. Any feedback would be great.

the company in the UK selling them is http://www.wheelandt...ct-Manufacturer

I would be very wary of their claims. Also they say that insurance is not affected but as it is a mod then it needs to be declared and if it does actually improve performance in the way they say then it would almost certainly result in a premium increase.

It looks from here : Sprintbooster

(Google no1 for Sprint Booster)

That it's a throttle remap like what the CT has. I.e. Normal = straight line, Eco = curve that's gentle early on, Sport = aggressive early on. I suspect it might actually make the car less drivable as it would remove some low throttle control by making that low-mid throttle area more aggressive.

From the graph on the link, full throttle is coming at 3/4 pedal position with the step up coming from about 3/8's throttle. It doesn't look like a true engine power mod, outside of snake oil placebo effect. I don't believe it would add anything to the driving experience that a different intention behind the right foot would give.

If you're looking for more actual low end performance, it might be worth looking at adjustments to the turbo characteristics to see if boost pressure can be built quicker.

PS Last thought - the throttle mappings are probably set for efficiency at continuous 60 or 70mph on part throttle, adjusting those mappings could have strange effects ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links