Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decisions! Help!

Hi All,

I have an IS200 and I have just managed to get hold of a set of the 18 inch sport alloys. Like these!!!!

DSC00330.jpg

I currently have the 17 inch 11 spoke dark grey wheels on my granite sky car which I think looks the nuts.

Like this:

gallery_17630_362_26583.jpg

Now the sport alloys need reconditioning so the choices are:

- Keep the car as it is even though i really like the sport wheels.

- Recondition the sport alloys in the original silver and keep it OEM

- Recondition the sport alloys in the same dark grey as my 11 spokes

I am leaning towards the recondition in the dark grey like my 11 spokes but wanted your thoughts!!!

Cheers!!

Matt

I think recondition what you have. That colour was in anycase OEM on late IS200s (together with "smoked" lights). Maybe 18" wheels could look better to some but have no handling or any other advantage & will increase road-noise a little and make the rims a bit more susceptible to kerb-damage.

Hi that is a tough decision but I would think that the Grey Aeros/Sport 18s would be very rare! and therefore look more impressive.

I want your 11 spokes. I have the silver 11 spokes and have been trying to fine the OEM colour code to refurb them.

I was also thinking of matching the wheels to the later satin lights which are a bronzy colour?

See these are the problems I am having, The pic of mine looks mint and just needs a bit of lowering but the 18's are a nice optional extra to add to the IS.

I am leaning towards reconditioning the 18 inch sport alloys dark grey and fitting them and seeing what i think. I like my 11 spokes but just wish they were a bit bigger......the TTE Chicanes are the ones i really want though as they are lovely!!!

got a set of lexus 18's awaiting refurb next week http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300615833116?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5542wt_1177

my bodyshop man "paintspraypete" says find whatever car colour you like & get me the reg number , that will be the paint finish , have seriously contemplated the oem grey but my sportcross being met green i'm 95% sure the wheels would look better silver , its a tough call , for the record the whole wheels/refinish/4 new decent tyres = £540 , less the sale of current wheelset , , don't tell the wife :sick:

Just so you know, that picture in the first post is of my wheels after they were refurbed earlier in the year, and it's not a standard finish. I asked them to use satin lacquer as I thought the glossy silver looked cheap. They even said they could diamond cut the entire face of the sport rims...which would certainly make them rare.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links